Direcrions.
What can you shoot there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2003 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy Hollow Gun Club Inc. 74066

10103 South 193rd West Ave

918-248-7499

Ask for Don

No full auto, No 50BMG, No rapid fire, and of course no grenades [:D] Nice comfy range with covered stations w/padded seats[:)]

Link Posted: 2/19/2003 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Canadian Valley Ranges in Banner, OK.
Near El Reno and Yukon.  Way out there from OKC.  
Can shoot anything except explosive devices.  I do some rapid fire on the short pistol range when there aren't too many people there.  Choices are 7 15 25 50 yrds pistol, 25 50 yards pistol and rifle, 50 100 yards rifle, 100 yards rifle.  Split into four banks of lanes.  Cheap to rent shooting equipment in good condition.

Several tactical style ranges in the near Tulsa area (20 miles).
Link Posted: 3/18/2003 5:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Red Castle Gun Club, 9 miles north of Sand Springs on the John Zink Ranch. One of the ONLY "1000 Meter" rifle ranges in the USA! 300 Meter bench rest rifle range, .22 cal plinking range w/steel targets, Trap, Skeet, Pistol, and "Any Weapon-Any Target" range, IDPA range, action pistol range. Anything I left out here? [beer]
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Are we critiqueing these ranges on this thread, too, or should we open a new one for that?

Tulsa Firearms
5949 South Garnett, Tulsa, OK
http://www.tulsafirearms.com/
Handguns - .22 up to .44 Magnum & .22 Rim-Fire Rifle

Never shot there, but know folks who have, and they seem to like it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

918-248-7499

Ask for Don

No full auto, No 50BMG, No rapid fire, and of course no grenades [:D] Nice comfy range with covered stations w/padded seats[:)]

View Quote

No grenades??? Screw 'em. I wouldn't shoot there.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

918-248-7499

Ask for Don

View Quote

No pistols except on the pistol range (a larger pile of dirt than the rest and 5 target stands).  No Contenders, Encores, or other long range pistols anywhere except pistol range unless he likes you.  Been shooting there for 13 years (anyone remember Howard?), he screwed up his pistol setup (used to be better) and told me I can't shoot my Contender anywhere but the pistol range.

So, I'll be shooting elsewhere (Red Castle) as soon as I can.  They've got nicer facilities anyway.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are we critiqueing these ranges on this thread, too, or should we open a new one for that?

Tulsa Firearms
5949 South Garnett, Tulsa, OK
http://www.tulsafirearms.com/
Handguns - .22 up to .44 Magnum & .22 Rim-Fire Rifle

Never shot there, but know folks who have, and they seem to like it.
View Quote
Nice indoor range..but pricy. Shot on the pistol range not long ago w/Trojanfan and the smoke got really irritating..(yes!I know thats part of shooting[;d]) I don't know if they had an air exchange or not but those that have any kind of breathing problems should be cautious. I coughed for 3 days after shooing there!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

918-248-7499

Ask for Don

View Quote

No pistols except on the pistol range (a larger pile of dirt than the rest and 5 target stands).  No Contenders, Encores, or other long range pistols anywhere except pistol range unless he likes you.  Been shooting there for 13 years (anyone remember Howard?), he screwed up his pistol setup (used to be better) and told me I can't shoot my Contender anywhere but the pistol range.

So, I'll be shooting elsewhere (Red Castle) as soon as I can.  They've got nicer facilities anyway.
View Quote
TRUE! Last time I was out there with Trojanfan we had to move from our other shooting position and haul all our crap down to the "pistol" stations to shoot some 22's...[party]...does seem cheezy but then again I didn't build the place  nor do I have to deal with his neighbors.... I will be going to Red Castle also as soon as I get that skinflint Trojanfan to get a membership out there so he can take me....[rolleyes] It works for Tulsa Firearms sooo..hehe
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
As long as your handgun has more than a 5" barrel you can shoot it out to the 100m line or at least thats what the owner told me at Happy Hollow in Sapulpa.

And at Tulsa Fireams indoor range they also allow big boy rifles too.
Deadeye47 and I shot .22, .223, .308, .45-70 on the rifle range and another man was shooting a .45-90 that day.

I like Happy Hollow alot as it is close and clean and the owner is very nice. Sort of hard to argue with 30 cover firing points all wit roomy shooting tables padded seats and an AC/Heated clubhouse with food and drink machines inside plus he sells ammo, reloading stuff, targets and sponsors competitions too.

But once I get my DPMS long range AR I will be opening the wallet for the big money Red Castle membership as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As long as your handgun has more than a 5" barrel you can shoot it out to the 100m line or at least thats what the owner told me at Happy Hollow in Sapulpa.

Deadeye47 and I shot .22, .223, .308, .45-70 on the rifle range and another man was shooting a .45-90 that day.

I like Happy Hollow alot as it is close and clean and the owner is very nice. Sort of hard to argue with 30 cover firing points all wit roomy shooting tables padded seats and an AC/Heated clubhouse with food and drink machines inside plus he sells ammo, reloading stuff, targets and sponsors competitions too.

But once I get my DPMS long range AR I will be opening the wallet for the big money Red Castle membership as well.
View Quote
Yeah!![bounce] that means I get to shoot at Red Castle too huh Bill! [party] hahaha
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, the 5"+ barrel rule used to be there, until he screwed his pistol setup.  Have you been out there since he moved all the pistol stuff to the far left end of the firing line?  All pistols have to be fired on the "pistol range" (dirt berm 4x the size of all other berms except 100 and 200 yd, it's twice the size of those).  He'll make an exception for shooting long range pistols (Contenders, XP-100s, etc.) if he "knows you".  That is, of course, bulls#*t, because he knows me, but doesn't apparantly doesn't like me.  

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of going there, just letting you know what you're in for if you go.  At $7 per shooter (per day), no memberships, and limited facilities (5 pistol stands isn't enough, trust me) and an RO who doesn't like me, I think I'll take my business where it's appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like most of you are from Tulsa but if you are ever in the west Oklahoma City area, you need to make a trip out to the Canadian valley Range for a couple hours.  There literally could be 150 or more shooters at one time.  The pistol area is 30yrds long and 50 yrds wide(wider area means more shooters.  There were close to 25 pistol shooters at one time the other day.  There are three longer range areas (50 and 100 yrd distances.  He has 4 sections devide, 1 pistol (7, 15, 20, 30 yrds), and 3 rifle ranges (2 are 50/100 yrds, 1 is 100 yrd only).  The place is a little rough looking but the doesn't change the nicely mowed grass and large amount of room to shoot.  The only downside is that you must walk out to set up targets, no pop ups or anything, and that means everyone in the division you're shooting in must stop for a period while you set up targets.  It is also fun to put objects on your target stand like bottle caps, rocks, and various other small items to shoot at and he doesn't care.  I would say that even though the outward appearance is rough the hole range is one of the better ranges.  True it only goes to 100 yrds but for most that is okay.  I enjoy 300 yrds myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:19:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I've shot there a number of times, in fact they built my custom 1911.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Open a new thread to dicuss ranges please.  This one is for listing only so people can get through it quickly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2004 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Stephens County Rifle and Pistol (SCRAP) Club

Located south of Duncan Lake. Club dues are $50 per year (Sept thru Sept). Members are given a key to the gate and can come and go as they please (most of the times I have been there I have had the range to myself). You can shoot at 25, 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards. Contact these folks for membership info:

Mr. Jon Ax
Cache Creek Fly Shop
1004 C Avenue
Lawton, OK 73501
580-353-1724

Mr. Frank Leptinsky
Lepski's Custom Embroidery
801 West Main Street
Duncan, OK 73533
580-252-1448

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Tulsa Firearms..... Nice place but it has some of the most expensive fee's I've ever seen, prices on a majority of stuff there is insulting.  Nice indoor range though
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Lexington Wildlife Management Area, 180th St. & York Rd., Lexington, OK 73051.
Phone: 405-521-2739
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (100 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100 yds), Muzzleloading, Archery, Airgun
Range Access: Public
A hunting license with you at this range is a must.

I've rattled off 600 rounds with my Mak-90 via a 75 round drum and numerous 30 round mags and noone has batted an eye at me. Great place to shoot!

MAP:
maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=dRGbiup_0TpIzd2GLn4E7z7BVb.KWF7LLLy8.IA-&csz=Lexington+OK+73051&country=us&cat=
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#19]
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>You can thank Ronald Reagan for these WMA ranges.
Reagan didn't have anything to do with WMA administration. WMAs are state-supported and had existing ranges long before his presidency. Some of the BLM land out west was opened up for range use while Reagan was president, but this had no effect on Oklahoma WMAs (former governor Raymond Gary gets that credit).

They do get fed money.  Nixon started it but Reagan expanded it in 84 or 86.  I don't remember which.  

"Funding for these ranges was provided through the Pittman-Robertson Act (PR). This act levies an excise tax on all sporting arms and ammunition. The money is then divided among the states by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for wildlife restoration, hunter safety training, range construction and maintenance. "
Link Posted: 7/13/2004 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]
in NW oklahoma caton lake has a 200 yard range on the east side of lake it is free but must have a OKLA hunting lic. All so wma range
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Sand Springs Sportsmans Club has a nice range.  It has a 200 yard rifle, a new military rifle area, pistol, skeet and trap fields.
Memberships are reasonable.  A good place to shoot your AR 15 but no fully auto weapons allowed.  Check them out at www.
sandspringssportsman.com
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>You can thank Ronald Reagan for these WMA ranges.
Reagan didn't have anything to do with WMA administration. WMAs are state-supported and had existing ranges long before his presidency. Some of the BLM land out west was opened up for range use while Reagan was president, but this had no effect on Oklahoma WMAs (former governor Raymond Gary gets that credit).

They do get fed money.  Nixon started it but Reagan expanded it in 84 or 86.  I don't remember which.  

"Funding for these ranges was provided through the Pittman-Robertson Act (PR). This act levies an excise tax on all sporting arms and ammunition. The money is then divided among the states by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service for wildlife restoration, hunter safety training, range construction and maintenance. "

Untrue. Oklahoma WMAs are STATE supported by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, which is a SELF-SUPPORTING STATE AGENCY (i.e., they receive NO tax dollars and are not under the purview of congressional oversight from either the state or federal governments). The legislation referenced applies to FEDERAL lands and ranges operating on FEDERAL lands. All of Oklahoma's WMA ranges existed prior to both Ronald Reagan's and Richard Nixon's presidencies; they had ZERO influence on the establishment of these. The legislation to which you refer is responsible for opening Tishomingo NWR, Wichita Mountains NWR, etc., to hunting and shooting.

FYI, Oklahoma's most recent WMAs, Honobia and Three Rivers, were opened via license sales and land use permits (something like $20 a year).
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Can be busy and is unsupervised however.hr

Thats the beauty of it, you don't have some ass hat telling you to slow your rate of fire like they will do at H&H.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Indian Territory Practical Shooters Club
4.5 miles West of Duke, OK on Hwy 62.
Glenn Martin
[email protected]

1st Sunday and 3rd Saturday of each month we have USPSA matches

2nd Saturday we have IDPA

Rifle range with berms out to 600 yards, 5 15yd pistol bays and 1 50 yard bay

Matches begin at 10a.m.  Come on out and bring a friend, nicest folks you'll ever meet

http://itpsc.net
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Canadian Valley Ranges in Banner, OK.
Near El Reno and Yukon.  Way out there from OKC.  
Can shoot anything except explosive devices.  I do some rapid fire on the short pistol range when there aren't too many people there.  Choices are 7 15 25 50 yrds pistol, 25 50 yards pistol and rifle, 50 100 yards rifle, 100 yards rifle.  Split into four banks of lanes.  Cheap to rent shooting equipment in good condition.

Several tactical style ranges in the near Tulsa area (20 miles).

do you have a phone number for this range? or address?

thanks
Link Posted: 12/8/2004 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/9/2004 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
thank-you sherrick13
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#28]
There is a public hunting ground just south of lake murray on the Carter and Love coutny line, nice place to go but you have to have a hunting license to shoot there, its yr rnd also from dawn till duck. oh but no full auto allowed and im sure they would frown on tannerite and mongo but its still unsupervised. but the game ranger some times goes down there, liked to see the face on him when someone sets a 2lb off right when he pulls up.  Ive notced when ive gone down there recently that someone has been "playing" around with something "big" though not sure what that was but I would assume there isnt anymore  wildlife anywhere in the area.
Link Posted: 12/13/2004 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
El Reno - Canadian Ranges, 1 Mile south & 3 1/2 east of El Reno, El Reno, OK 73036.
Phone: 405-262-9011
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (25 & 50 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25, 50, 100 yds), Muzzleloading
Range Access: Public
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Any other ranges on the East Side of Tulsa?
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/20/2005 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Any oil come with that
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Any oil come with thathr

It's a member owned club on 160 acres, maximum membership of 800.  The $1300 (or less if you buy off of an existing member willing to sell for less) buys your stake.  The membership fee is one time and then you pay yearly dues, which I'm not sure of.
They also have a 3 acre stocked lake and a clubhouse .
One of, if not the nicest range in Oklahoma.  Been there a few times, but not yet ready to shell out the $1300 for a membership.
There very well may be oil out there
Link Posted: 4/5/2005 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
East of Tulsa
$1300 Membership + Dues
357-1776
[email protected]

Any oil come with that

It's a member owned club on 160 acres, maximum membership of 800.  The $1300 (or less if you buy off of an existing member willing to sell for less) buys your stake.  The membership fee is one time and then you pay yearly dues, which I'm not sure of.
They also have a 3 acre stocked lake and a clubhouse .
One of, if not the nicest range in Oklahoma.  Been there a few times, but not yet ready to shell out the $1300 for a membership.
There very well may be oil out there

I thought my paying $100 a few years back at Tri-City Gun Club was high. I'm a non-working member and pay about $90 a year, me thinks I'll stay here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#36]
tag, travel in ok, need places to shoot
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Just thought I'd Post a little free public lands range, Just outside of Pawnee Oklahoma, on the northwest side of Pawnee Lake.  It's not much, simply a concrete picnic table in a open field, with a high earth berm about a hundred yards down range, just off the road that runs around Pawnee Lake.

It's not  much, but the price is right .

I drove up there from Stillwater, day before yesterday and shot my FN-Tactical Police Shotgun and S&W 99/.40 all evening. A Pawnee County Sheriff's patrol cruiser drove by one, but they didn't stop or give me any problem at all. The area, as are most places in Oklahoma, seemed shooter friendly...even to shooters with evil black weapons.

There was a whole heck of a lot of  7.62 x 39 brass laying around so I assume somebodies shooting AK or SKS here, on a regular basis.

All they ask, is that you keep 'em on the berm and pick up your trash, after yourself.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey All.

I've just been stationed at Ft. Sill, and havent had any luck finding somewhere near Lawton to enjoy my rifle.  Anyone know of anywhere?  I'm pretty unfamiliar with the state, so bear with me!

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I think there is a free one near Lexington but I have no other info.  Still kind of a drive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Hey All.

I've just been stationed at Ft. Sill, and havent had any luck finding somewhere near Lawton to enjoy my rifle.  Anyone know of anywhere?  I'm pretty unfamiliar with the state, so bear with me!

Thanks all!

I stand corrected, try here:  http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=OK
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, I've hit that site before, but it hasn't been much help.  Looks like I'll have to do things the old fashioned way and talk to the local gun shops :(

Oh well.hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think there is a free one near Lexington but I have no other info.  Still kind of a drive.

Lexington info is on the 1st page of this thread. You need a valid hunting license to shoot there since it is actually on the WMA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hey All.

Thanks all!

Fort Sill has a range that you can use. It is the MB1 Rifle and Pistol Range. It is about 1/2 mile NW of the PX. The small building that you check in at is Bldg 1469 if I remember correctly. The range is available for active duty, retirees and civil service employees (all weapons must be registered on post). Hours of operation are Wed - Fri 10am to 6pm and Sat 9am to 6pm. It is a decent range, but they don't allow any type of rapid fire. I work at Fort Sill, but live 30 miles east in Duncan. We have a good range there. It is the Stephens County Rifle And Pistol (SCRAP) club range. It is a private range. Dues are $50 per year and you are given a key to the gate to come and go as you please. Ranges are 25yd, 50yd, 100yd, 200yd and 300yd. They allow you to shoot anything you want including full-auto's. Most of the time you have the place to yourself, but it is sometimes a little crowded just before deer season.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know of a good place to shoot around Ponca City, OK?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hey All.

Thanks all!

A bit late on the answer, but Ft Sill has a rifle, pistol and shotgun range- MB1. Decent, with free targets, but you do have to get your range safety card, register your guns with the PM and take the reg form with you to the range each time you shoot (PITA).

Badlands is a 1000+ yd commercial range, SW of Lawton. Near Granfield. Other than that, Stephens Co. range is probably the next closest.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Badlands is a 1000+ yd commercial range, SW of Lawton. Near Granfield.    

I want to hear more about this one.  Can anyone just bring their 50 and shoot at this 1000yd range?  whats the deal on this?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Of course there's the OKC gun club:

http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/

Check the calendar for matches and activities.  If it's got something to do with some kind of gun there's probably a program running for your enjoyment.  

During non-scheduled events you will need to be a guest of a member, but on "Match Days" just show up at the appropriate range, introduce yourself and get into the shooting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Badlands is a 1000+ yd commercial range, SW of Lawton. Near Granfield.    

I want to hear more about this one.  Can anyone just bring their 50 and shoot at this 1000yd range?  whats the deal on this?

http://www.badlandstactical.net/home.htm
Link Posted: 7/22/2006 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned H&H range off of Meridian and I-40 in Oklahoma City.

Indoor ranges. About 20 pistol lanes and 10 rifle lanes.

No rapid fire on the rifle lanes.

No steel core, steel tip or steel jacketed ammo.

They are Full Auto freindly in pistol caliber, but make sure you have your paperwork with you as they will check it before allowing you to fire FA.

Good folks, Good facility.

I'll also second or third the SCRAPS range outside of Duncan. Nice range. Nice to have a key and be able to go whenever you want to.

MB1 on Fort Sill is nice, but civilians can't use it anymore. Used to be able to use it if you were a member of the Rifle and Pistol Club, but that ended 9-11.

Dave

Link Posted: 8/28/2006 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Does any one have any Info on the trap and skeet range out by Canadian Valley Ranges ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top