Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2017 1:09:06 PM EDT
I'm in need of selling some investment grade rare coins and am looking for recommendations for dealers. Looking for someone who will pay fair price, too many ripoff dealers out there.   Woodbridge area preferred.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with local NoVa dealers, but the Virginia Numismatic Association Convention & Coin Show is coming up in September in F'Burg if you can wait till then.

Another option, if you have the time, is selling through an on-line auction house like Heritage Auctions out of Dallas.  I did this a few years ago, didn't make a huge bucks (after they take their cut), but did get back what I had in them plus a little more.  The only downside is the time to ship, posting on website, actual auction, then payout.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Stacks in NYC.  If they're really rare/investment coins then it's worth the work to get them to a real dealer, and not just go local.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top