Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2017 12:13:24 PM EDT
From a alert I got this morning.

....the VCDL, the VCDL-PAC, the NRA-ILA, and the TEA Party are forming a coalition to change the course of Virginia this election cycle!  NRA-ILA Grassroots has approach us, looking to combine NRA-ILA resources with VCDL and Tea Party grassroots.

What the heck, I always thought keeping the NRA well at arm's length was very wise. And to add insult to injury joining with the Tea Party? Which flavor of "tea party" might that be?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Either the enemy of my enemy is my friend or keep your enemies close, but friends closer?

Don't have to agree on all issues, there is some common ground - antis and the Va Dem ticket aren't your friends.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
VCDL may lose mainstream support and branding if it gets tangled with the militant right. If true, not a good move.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VCDL may lose mainstream support and branding if it gets tangled with the militant right. If true, not a good move.
View Quote
Yeah, that's my thinking if the "Tea Party" in my AO was anything to go by. It started off well enough then Large L Libertarians (shrill ex Paul-Bots) and red-faced far righters seemed to take over. I wanted nothing to do with that miserable crowd.

I was always proud that the VCDL did things their own way and would not care to see it usurped by the NRA, much less far-right and/or Libertarian loons.

Sigh, I guess we will see how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
VCDL has "mainstream" support?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea it's laughable to think if them as mainstream.  Go ask 10 people on the street what they do and I'm sure you would get 10 deer in headlights looks back.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yea it's laughable to think if them as mainstream.  Go ask 10 people on the street what they do and I'm sure you would get 10 deer in headlights looks back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My experience; in the non gun circles in NOVA, VCDL isn't very well known.  Where we are known, we're seen as to the right of the Tea Party.  

YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My experience; in the non gun circles in NOVA, VCDL isn't very well known.  Where we are known, we're seen as to the right of the Tea Party.  

YMMV.
View Quote
VCDL is seen as "Extreme" even among some gun people.

I'm actually glad the NRA is agreeing to work with VCDL.  It means the ego's at NRA are recognizing that other groups work for the same cause and do good things, and in the case of Virginia that the VCDL is an effective organization.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The real danger here is not making a concerted effort.  Common ground has to be recognized, and differences of the past put aside.  This means egos will have to be checked, which is always hard.  The alternative is another four years of hard left rule from the governor's mansion.  

Interesting times.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh, VCDL is considered the devil buy the anti gun fags and democrats in Va. We need to go all out nuclear war to beat Northam, who, quite honestly, probably will still win.
The tea party was a good concept that got overrun and taken over. 
I'm not an anti NRA oh the noes junk mail dipshit. The NRA isn't perfect but I would rather have them then not.
Main thing is vote, convince every other stupid mother fucker out there to vote. Gillispie isn't my first choice but he is what we have. I would rather have him than a truly Anti-gun Northam.
If Northam loses, Va has a slim fighting chance to rid ourselves of Timmay and not turn into a shithole just like Maryland. If not, Timmay for life.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The real danger here is not making a concerted effort.  Common ground has to be recognized, and differences of the past put aside.  This means egos will have to be checked, which is always hard.  The alternative is another four years of hard left rule from the governor's mansion.  

Interesting times.
View Quote
Well said, and agreed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend who is a VA state congressman who is very far right and he even thinks VCDL is extreme.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is a VA state congressman who is very far right and he even thinks VCDL is extreme.
View Quote
Ever ask him why he came to that conclusion?  Sounds like the extreme congressman has an extreme opinion.  As this thread points out, we need to seek middle ground.

A few weeks back, I'd have said Northam was a lock in and our ultimate doom.  There's going to be a back-lash from the crap McAwful and Dems are pulling.  It makes it a lot easier to get over my dissatisfaction as I hope we all do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it's good the NRA and VCDL are teaming up in VA to defeat Red Ralph, those of us who believe in the 2A, limited govt, and freedom from leftist tyranny will need all the help they can get.

"Right wingers" as OP calls us.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well said, and agreed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting times.
Well said, and agreed.
"May you live in interesting times" is an old Chinese curse.

People are killed and starve in "interesting times."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top