Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 3:06:57 PM EDT
I know we must have a member or two here....is there REALLY a 2-year wait list as indicated on their website?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We used to have a few members floating around the HTF, but I don't recall how active they are these days.

I used to shoot IDPA there over a decade ago, and the waits for the club were just about as bad back then.
View Quote
...was afraid of that, oh well. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked a member I know a few months ago and he was saying then the wait was still 2 plus years. We were talking about how we needed to go out there so he could show me around(haven't had a chance yet).

I shoot at black creek mostly unless I'm on private land. With them you just have to sign up at the beginning of the year(how many new sign ups is limited to how many people don't renew).
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I asked a member I know a few months ago and he was saying then the wait was still 2 plus years. We were talking about how we needed to go out there so he could show me around(haven't had a chance yet).

I shoot at black creek mostly unless I'm on private land. With them you just have to sign up at the beginning of the year(how many new sign ups is limited to how many people don't renew).
View Quote
Yea, I think I'll head out to Black Creek towards the end of the year and just pop-in and introduce myself...shoot the bull and see what may be opening up for 2018.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea, I think I'll head out to Black Creek towards the end of the year and just pop-in and introduce myself...shoot the bull and see what may be opening up for 2018.

Thanks!
View Quote
I think the events like idpa and cowboy action are open to the public. Might want to check them out and say hi.

The old man that runs blackcreek changed up the new member stuff a few years ago. I believe he has certain days he will give the safety class come Jan. The safety class involves him showing you around and telling you the rules. At the end he will give you an application. You just need to be a NRA member to join. They only allow machine guns during the middle of the day Saturday. He also wants to check the paperwork on any title 2 weapons(suppressors, sbrs, etc). I've been told he has had problems with his neighbors over the years so he seems to be extra careful.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
They have been trying to get the wait times down at cavalier, not sure what it actually is now.
I was on the wait list for a year and a half maybe.
To me it's worth the wait if you live close.
Much better than black creek. That guy is super crabby every time I've been.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They have been trying to get the wait times down at cavalier, not sure what it actually is now.
I was on the wait list for a year and a half maybe.
To me it's worth the wait if you live close.
Much better than black creek. That guy is super crabby every time I've been.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll have to see how to get on the wait list...it is a gnats-hair closer than Black Creek.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Cavalier usually handles membership requests in the early part of the year at an annual meeting. I was just told by someone on good authority that applications submitted now would likely come up in the first part of 2019. Go to a match because they are open to guests, meet people, find a sponsor.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cavalier usually handles membership requests in the early part of the year at an annual meeting. I was just told by someone on good authority that applications submitted now would likely come up in the first part of 2019. Go to a match because they are open to guests, meet people, find a sponsor.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top