Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 10:36:05 PM EDT
I'm out near Winchester. Dating scene around here is pretty scarce it seems like. Most of my issue seems to revolve around meeting women. My attempts at online dating have been met with very little success. So I'm trying to figure out where the single women are congregating in the evenings and weekends. Only thing I can figure is maybe wineries or breweries.

Help a brother out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm out near Winchester. Dating scene around here is pretty scarce it seems like. Most of my issue seems to revolve around meeting women. My attempts at online dating have been met with very little success. So I'm trying to figure out where the single women are congregating in the evenings and weekends. Only thing I can figure is maybe wineries or breweries.

Help a brother out.
View Quote

Short answer is Reston, Arlington, Ballston,  Middleburg, DC if you're brave.  Downtown Winchester has a few bars and restaurants.  Seems to be locals and college students.  Note:  there is a dirt track and road course (Summit Point), the fairgrounds near Berryville always has some event going on.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the online dating thing a few years ago and "I feel your pain"... I did manage to meet and claim a wonderful woman. I also met more than one that would have probably been just fine, but not magical. Be very specific about kids, religion, education, smoking, drinking, and general personality from their profile in your searches. Personal finances were a big one for me, it is surprisingly easy to get a feel for that up front. Reach out to the ones that fit. Go on a first date and don't waste your time with a gal that doesn't strongly appeal to you. Meet at your favorite place to eat, if its not appealing to her then that is a first indication.

I work long hours and don't have a real social network outside work. I don't go to bars or church. Online dating was about the only way for me to meet women. Here in the DC metro area the pool is much larger and there are interest groups of many types I could participate in organically that would be different than the smaller towns I was living in out west. Groups where you could meet someone that shared a similar interest and enjoy the group in general at the same time.

I met plenty of women that liked me more than I liked them. Some I thought were interesting didn't respond to any messages after a first date. Don't take it personally.

Do not think with your dick!

Took me a couple years of seriously watching a couple different websites and texting many many women and buying dinner for a million first and only dates. But being extremely focused and serious it just effortlessly fell into place when I met "the one".

Hang in there and let me know if you want specific stories for entertainment.

Edit to add, if you do just want to think with your dick I think there are places for that. I am assuming you want to meet a keeper.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Try competing with the Atlantic fleet and their endless pockets...
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Short answer is Reston, Arlington, Ballston,  Middleburg, DC if you're brave.  Downtown Winchester has a few bars and restaurants.  Seems to be locals and college students.  Note:  there is a dirt track and road course (Summit Point), the fairgrounds near Berryville always has some event going on.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Help a brother out.

Lol... I came here to post "move to Arlington".

I live in Ballston.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:23:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Farmer's Markets.......loaded with women, many are outdoorsy, healthy and off guard as the meatheads are not around to harass them.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I always thought, why would I want to meet a woman at a bar or club? I was never really in to that scene and wanted to find someone with similar interests. I am in to triathlon, and met my now wife and mother to my kids through a running group. Yes, we are into shooting, its AR15.com... In reality, most a women are not in to that shit, and don't care.

I never did the online thing, I always thought it was for people who are really shy or just don't have the social skills to talk to people.

Put yourself out there, find a hobby, and talk to that special someone.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
All my Single Buddies Swear by Tinder... FWIW
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at the obituaries...

He might have left some $ and toys to boot...

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Grocery stores located near apartment buildings.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had better luck meeting women online than out in public, I met my wife through Match.com. You may want to expand your search settings online.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#11]
church worked for me...
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I met my wife in Centreville as we were walking our dogs.

But that was 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always thought, why would I want to meet a woman at a bar or club? I was never really in to that scene and wanted to find someone with similar interests. I am in to triathlon, and met my now wife and mother to my kids through a running group. Yes, we are into shooting, its AR15.com... In reality, most a women are not in to that shit, and don't care.

I never did the online thing, I always thought it was for people who are really shy or just don't have the social skills to talk to people.

Put yourself out there, find a hobby, and talk to that special someone.
View Quote
After his divorce, a buddy of mine met a terrific girl on a site called something like "fit singles".  Ended up marrying her and they seem great together.

Get in shape, OP.  Girls like that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in NoVA and the problem you run into is that it's' a highly "liberal" population.

Mention that you are against "gay rights" and that disqualifies you right there with 80% of them. Mention that you like Trump and that number goes to 87%.

Look at the voting demographics.  Nothing special about Arlington or Ballston or Reston. High maintenance, high-expectations, very liberal, and you better be in great shape and make 100K / year. Just like everyone else around here does.

Winchester area is more conservative for sure, but also the dating pool is smaller, it's a wasteland dating-wise, so I get it where you are coming from.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am in NoVA and the problem you run into is that it's' a highly "liberal" population.

Mention that you are against "gay rights" and that disqualifies you right there with 80% of them. Mention that you like Trump and that number goes to 87%.

Look at the voting demographics.  Nothing special about Arlington or Ballston or Reston. High maintenance, high-expectations, very liberal, and you better be in great shape and make 100K / year. Just like everyone else around here does.

Winchester area is more conservative for sure, but also the dating pool is smaller, it's a wasteland dating-wise, so I get it where you are coming from.
View Quote
While, I'll agree there are more than plenty liberals here... I would not put the numbers quite that high.

But yes... you need to be in shape and be rich. Because most of the girls sure as hell are.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
church worked for me...
View Quote
This.  +1
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Tinder, bumble, and drive east.  

My single buddy visited me from Columbus, OH, and he says the quality and quantiiy of women on tinder around here is great compared to what he was used to seeing online.  I'm in Gainesville.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#18]
The outdoor mall in Winchester never fails to leave me going hot damn!

and the restaurant between police station  the hotel  always has ladies

I do miss the bike path between Wilson and I66

I'd take out my secret weapons for walks and go fishing

The white one cody has no shame he would slip under skirts and get funny reactions and get all kissy kissy with the women folk and walk with them for a bit ( liil asshole )
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I live in Ballston.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Help a brother out.

I live in Ballston.
The problem in Arlingtoon is the horrible abundance of left leaning residents.  Of every age range (and sex).

It is like Hanoi on the Potomac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top