[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is that from? Do you have a link?

The following is from VCDL's email from yesterday:
"Statewide Results:

Governor - Republican: Ed Gillespie, just edged out Corey Stewart by a
little over 1%.  Ed answered his VCDL Candidate Survey "Pro-Gun." Corey
answered "Very Pro-Gun."  Senator Frank Wagner came in a distant third.
Senator Wagner also answered his survey "Very Pro-Gun" and has an
excellent voting record."

I saw no where in their email where they stated what you are saying.

I also want to remind everyone that Ted Cruz answered their survey as "Pro-Gun" as opposed to "Very Pro-Gun"
View Quote

That was posted by Bob Sadler over on the VCDL-PAC Facebook page and now appears gone ( but not sure because when the updated version came out I have had all kinds of problems finding old posts from groups I am in) so it wouldn't surprise me if they scrubbed it and it wouldn't be the first time they tasted foot.

Edit*  here it is i did find it on mobile:
***A word from the Chairman***

The best candidate for gun ownership and self-defense rights came up just 1.26% short.  4,600 out of 316,000 votes cast!  So, what do we do now?  Corey Stewart himself has the right answer.

He isn't even talking recount.  He is already pledging to vote the ticket.  What a stand-up guy!  HOWEVER, while HE pledges loyalty, he DOES NOT advocate YOU just handing your support to the Gillespie campaign.  Ed Gillespie has failed on many levels to reach out to his base.  Corey feels that to blindly hand your support over, just to avoid Ralph Northam is suicidal.  If we do THAT, the Republican apparatus of Va will CONTINUE to be arrogant, abusive, and non-responsive.  The campaign MUST reach out to the disenfranchised who voted for Corey, and for Senator Wagner.

You have four choices:
1. Vote Gillespie because the party says so, or you're terrified of Northam.  As said, suicidal, and self-perpetuating.
2. Vote Libertarian.  Does that automatically mean four years of being governed by a potted plant?  Probably.  The alternative is living with #1 for the rest of your life.
3. Write in Corey Stewart.  Or Bryce Reeves, he's a good guy.  Put both LG candidates back on the ticket!  See #2.  (If you really want to piss off the RPV, write in Chuck Smith for AG while you're at it!)
4. Demand that Gillespie EARN YOUR VOTE!  REFUSE to hand it to him by default.  Pin him down and FORCE him to take a strong stand for all the things that Corey fought for.  Tell the whole rotten stinking mess that you are DONE being ignored.  Be willing to risk it all, by letting the Demos hold the office for another four years, if the campaign and the party don't TAKE A STAND.

None are pleasant.  The last one is the most difficult, but probably the only one that you will be able to live with.  VCDL-PAC has always been non-partisan.  As an Independent, it will always be while I'm in charge.  I'm prepared to follow Corey's lead.  Will you?

Bob Sadtler
Chairman, VCDL-PAC
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That was posted by Bob Sadler over on the VCDL-PAC Facebook page and now appears gone ( but not sure because when the updated version came out I have had all kinds of problems finding old posts from groups I am in) so it wouldn't surprise me if they scrubbed it and it wouldn't be the first time they tasted foot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where is that from? Do you have a link?

The following is from VCDL's email from yesterday:
"Statewide Results:

Governor - Republican: Ed Gillespie, just edged out Corey Stewart by a
little over 1%.  Ed answered his VCDL Candidate Survey "Pro-Gun." Corey
answered "Very Pro-Gun."  Senator Frank Wagner came in a distant third.
Senator Wagner also answered his survey "Very Pro-Gun" and has an
excellent voting record."

I saw no where in their email where they stated what you are saying.

I also want to remind everyone that Ted Cruz answered their survey as "Pro-Gun" as opposed to "Very Pro-Gun"

10-4. I actually checked the VCDL facebook page but didn't see anything like that. If they scrubbed it, that explains why. Is VCDL-PAC a separate page?

If that is the position they are taking then it is a spectacularly bad one.

ETA: I see your edit. Damn that is stupid. I hope they are backtracking.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it seems they are sticking to it.

And yes the PAC has their own page.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

However, VA is not a blue state. Stewart doesn't win in NOVA 4 or 5 times if we were a blue state.  
View Quote
-VA is a solid, if not dark violet state at this point.
-Stewart won in Prince William county (i'm not aware of him running in any other jurisdictions) elections. PWC still has a huge military population (retired, active, contractors), and is much further away from the city than places like Arlington and Alexandria. Put Stewart in a race in any Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Falls Church, etc, and he's not getting elected PTA treasurer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whoever is in charge of making decisions and/or posting on the PAC's FB needs to be reigned in. It is an incrediblely stupid stand to make in my opinion. It's Northam vs Gillespie. Period.

One is vehemently anti-gun and the other says he respects the 2a and gun rights. Which one is more likely to sign pro-gun legislation? Which one is more likely to sign anti-gun legislation?

The answer is pretty fucking obvious and if the people in charge of the PAC can't see it then they need their eyes opened.

I usually sent a few bucks extra with my annual dues for the PAC but that won't happen this year. I'll donate it to Gillespie instead, just like I did last time around when the PAC endorsed no one but gave a wink and nod towards Sarvis, and I sent some money to Cuchinelli.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Whoever is in charge of making decisions and/or posting on the PAC's FB needs to be reigned in. It is an incrediblely stupid stand to make in my opinion. It's Northam vs Gillespie. Period.

One is vehemently anti-gun and the other says he respects the 2a and gun rights. Which one is more likely to sign pro-gun legislation? Which one is more likely to sign anti-gun legislation?

The answer is pretty fucking obvious and if the people in charge of the PAC can't see it then they need their eyes opened.

I usually sent a few bucks extra with my annual dues for the PAC but that won't happen this year. I'll donate it to Gillespie instead, just like I did last time around when the PAC endorsed no one but gave a wink and nod towards Sarvis, and I sent some money to Cuchinelli.
View Quote
I couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no idea they didn't endorse Cuchinelli last go round. I am far from a fan of his but that too is fucking retarded. 
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those that don't want a Dem Governor again, need to end the in fighting. The time for that BS was the primaries, now it's time to get behind the person that has the best chance of beating the Dem in the up coming election.

I for one, am tired of not having our pro-gun legislation signed.
View Quote
This.  I'm sick of amazing pro-2A bills being vetoed every year.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had no idea they didn't endorse Cuchinelli last go round. I am far from a fan of his but that too is fucking retarded. 
View Quote
I'm not certain that was the case but it seems like it was. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Those that don't want a Dem Governor again, need to end the in fighting. The time for that BS was the primaries, now it's time to get behind the person that has the best chance of beating the Dem in the up coming election.

I for one, am tired of not having our pro-gun legislation signed.
View Quote
Amen.

This will be an uphill battle.

We need to bring our A game, (and our neighbors) to get this done.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It doesn't really matter.  It's not like we're going to lose the House of Delegates.

It would be nice to have a Republican Governor for a variety of reasons but status quo is okay, too.
View Quote
If we don't elect Gillespie we WILL lose the House of Delegates in redistricting.  The Gerrymander is the only thing keeping it red. After the census, parties over unless we are in charge of the lines.

If you think Gov McAwful is bad for guns just wait until the legislator is behind him.  We could be looking at VA's own SAFE ACT within a decade.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If we don't elect Gillespie we WILL lose the House of Delegates in redistricting.  The Gerrymander is the only thing keeping it red. After the census, parties over unless we are in charge of the lines.

If you think Gov McAwful is bad for guns just wait until the legislator is behind him.  We could be looking at VA's own SAFE ACT within a decade.
View Quote
This right here is correct.  Next door neighbor Maryland is 40-45 percent conservative, and has a Republican governor, but that state has just one GOP congressman and a 2/3 or better majority in the House of Delegates and State Senate all thanks to gerrymandering.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I try not to be a negative nancy, but this is a scary, truthful statement. I fully expect Va to fall within my lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Read an article where our former King, his majesty Barackus is breaking his word about not interfering with his successor and will campaign for the Va Dem candidate. NOVA will cream their panties.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Gillespie's going to lose.  I'm like 90% on this one.  No one wants to vote for Establishment Ed and couple with Northam being a gigantic cuck (NoVA absolutely loves cuckoldry) this is over before it began IMO.

Hope I'm wrong.

Although, if POTUS would do us a solid and make McCabe's wife an issue then maybe we could get something going.  If Sessions could get McAuliffe indicted, we'd be golden.  But he's probably too busy sipping sweet tea and ranting about weed to do something useful for us.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gillespie's going to lose.  I'm like 90% on this one.  No one wants to vote for Establishment Ed and couple with Northam being a gigantic cuck (NoVA absolutely loves cuckoldry) this is over before it began IMO.

Hope I'm wrong.

Although, if POTUS would do us a solid and make McCabe's wife an issue then maybe we could get something going.  If Sessions could get McAuliffe indicted, we'd be golden.  But he's probably too busy sipping sweet tea and ranting about weed to do something useful for us.
View Quote
So, what's your plan?   Sit it out and let Northam take it without a fight?   The primary is over, the voters have spoken and Gillespie is the flag bearer for the Republicans.   Either we all get behind him or we suffer 4 more miserable years of a Democrat in the Governors Mansion, and not just any Democrat.  If he wins, Northam will absolutely be the most anti 2nd Amendment Governor ever elected here in the Commonwealth.   Stupid and short sighted positions such as the one espoused by Bob Sadler will ensure Democratic victory.  We need to get the vote out and get behind Ed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, what's your plan?   Sit it out and let Northam take it without a fight?   The primary is over, the voters have spoken and Gillespie is the flag bearer for the Republicans.   Either we all get behind him or we suffer 4 more miserable years of a Democrat in the Governors Mansion, and not just any Democrat.  If he wins, Northam will absolutely be the most anti 2nd Amendment Governor ever elected here in the Commonwealth.   Stupid and short sighted positions such as the one espoused by Bob Sadler will ensure Democratic victory.  We need to get the vote out and get behind Ed.
View Quote
I never said I wouldn't vote only that I know Establishment Ed is going to lose.  I'll vote in November like everyone else but it won't make a difference.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
As always NOVA is going to be a real hard nut to crack but Northam is enough of a loon to where a properly supported (money) GOP candidate like Gillespie can pull it off through turn-out.  I'd like to see Trump make a play in the Valley, PWC, and VA Beach areas for Gillespie.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm still of the opinion that NOVA can be "cleansed" by Trump getting rid of all the Odumbo-era hirings and boondoggle funding of libtard groups. Once their gravy train runs out, they'll go back to whatever libtard stronghold they came from and screw things up there instead of here.

Down in this area, I'm seeing a lot more people showing their patriotic side. There were more folks at the 7/3 fireworks show in Chesapeake wearing American-themed stuff than I've seen in a long time. If that continues to build, it would bode well for getting a GOP state-house. There was an article recently indicating that Chesapeake is now the 2nd most populous city in Virginia. So, if we turn solid red instead of violet (which we might), then we can counter-balance the libtard streak up north.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
And it looks like there's a L getting into it. I doubt he can possibly be as much of a D plant as Sarvis but I have been wrong before.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/libertarian-candidate-for-governor-of-virginia-calls-for-tax-cut/article_cb638822-172a-539f-9b2d-e6656faf7a8d.html
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
And it looks like there's a L getting into it. I doubt he can possibly be as much of a D plant as Sarvis but I have been wrong before.

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/government-politics/libertarian-candidate-for-governor-of-virginia-calls-for-tax-cut/article_cb638822-172a-539f-9b2d-e6656faf7a8d.html
View Quote
And there goes the already slim chance Republicans had at retaking the Governor's Mansion.  Libertarians are truly worse than liberals.  It's the autistic screeching of political ideologies.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Time for the republicans to shadow back a green party candidate to siphon off all the Bernie bots that wanted one term Tom.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Time for the republicans to shadow back a green party candidate to siphon off all the Bernie bots that wanted one term Tom.
View Quote
No, see that would be smart and the GOPe is anything but that.  Cucks gonna cuck and whatnot.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top