BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And yet Maryland has an R governor.  He beat the popular, moderate, black Lt. Governor.  How did that happen?  One thing is for sure, conservatives in MD didn't surrender.
View Quote
This! You Negative Nancy surrender monkeys can all go eat a bag of dicks.  Get out and vote R.

I'm voting for Stewart tomorrow, because I remember the disaster that Gillespie was as RNC chair and in his run against Fishmouth for Senate.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This! You Negative Nancy surrender monkeys can all go eat a bag of dicks.  Get out and vote R.

I'm voting for Stewart tomorrow, because I remember the disaster that Gillespie was as RNC chair and in his run against Fishmouth for Senate.
View Quote
THIS!  I just read that expected voter turn out is 20%. Lets get out there and vote people.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Perriello might be too left tarded to win statewide; kind of thinking of picking him for the primary. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I plan to vote in the Democrat primary.
Perriello might be too left tarded to win statewide; kind of thinking of picking him for the primary. 
I think that would be a mistake; Everyone I know supports him.

Also, there are at least some pro-gun Democrats in this state still, and Northam is on the record supporting significant restrictions. That's going to be a sticking point for them. I'd rather risk him being elected (and not getting any anti-gun bills through the legislature) then have Periello win the primary.

I'm voting for Stewart. I don't much like him and I think he's gone a bit too far with making Confederate monuments† his signature issue, but he will damned sure energize his base the same way Trump did at the national level.

† and this is coming from someone who is strongly in support of his position of protecting Confederate monuments. His attendance at the "torch light rally" in Charlottesville associated him with the Richard Spencer crowd, and that's not a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Even the WashPo isn't supporting gillespie anymore.
If you don't think any of the R candidates have a chance anyway, why not vote for the one that's  most in line with your beliefs?

going with Stewart. I think he may surprise a lot of folks. He's won several times in "squishy" PWC.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I realized the vote was today, and plan on hitting it bright and early on the way to work.

I checked out all the R candidates, and Ed is definitely the RHINO choice but Stewart is going to get my vote. And if Ed wins I'll vote for him, but I like the statements and policy's of Stewart more. I am related to Robert E Lee, but the statue thing isn't a big deal for me, It's all about the 2'd and lowering taxes, and responsible spending.

Here we vote on Sheriff and DA also.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I guess Gillespie shouldn't have counted his chickens yet.

Republican dead heat
View Quote
On the Republican side, we see a very tight race (in contrast to other polls suggesting Ed Gillespie will rout his opponents), and we give a very slight edge to Corey Stewart.

So their poll is more better-er than everyone else's? How so?

I'm thinking a vote for Stewart is a vote for a loss in the General.

I just don't think he will get the monetary support he will need to win a statewide election.

Gillespie is a RINO sure enough but he can depend on the monetary support from within and even outside of Virginia.

LOL....Since Bernie came out for Perriello I'm half tempted to vote for him as he would suffer the same problem (money wise) that Stewart would because the Dem party in Virginia does not support him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the Republican side, we see a very tight race (in contrast to other polls suggesting Ed Gillespie will rout his opponents), and we give a very slight edge to Corey Stewart.

View Quote
Oh you still care about VA politics?  I thought you were all involved in TX politics now and trying to oust Cruz?

And I thought we weren't supposed to trust the polls?  I mean they were wrong about Trump weren't they?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh you still care about VA politics? I thought you were all involved in TX politics now and trying to oust Cruz?

And I thought we weren't supposed to trust the polls?  I mean they were wrong about Trump weren't they?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh you still care about VA politics? I thought you were all involved in TX politics now and trying to oust Cruz?

I cast a wide net.

Do some research, they are Dem leaning pollsters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Who should I vote against down the Dem ballot?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who should I vote against down the Dem ballot?
View Quote
Northam....He's the one with the Dem party money behind him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Just cast my vote at my local precinct, where I was voter number 87. Hope that's a good omen.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just cast my vote at my local precinct, where I was voter number 87. Hope that's a good omen.
View Quote
Yeah my precinct said this is the heaviest they have ever seen, and it is a really rural district. It helps we have 6 republicans running to be delegate though.

Plus the governor race is bringing people out and not for Ed in our area.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#13]
yeah, the guy said I was the one who broke the record for the last election too.  And it was only 11 AM
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Only voter in the polls at 0700.  New fangled license reader couldn't read my last name and poll worker asked if I'm new.  No voted in past few elections.  
Voted in R  since it will have a greater impact in occupied territory.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#15]
#101 at around noon. The poll worker said this turn out was pretty high.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I think the best case scenario is Periello wins the Democrat nomination.  He's nutters a la Bernie Sanders so he gives us the best chance to win.  Personally, I voted for Stewart/Vogel this morning.  Realistically, I imagine Gillespie has the best shot of winning, espcially if Periello wins the Dem nod, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for him over Stewart who is pretty much a mini-Trump.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Northam has it locked up. The cunt winning va by 5.4%, trumps low approval ratings and NOVA all but seal the deal.
View Quote
If Northam gets the nomination then he's clearly the favorite.  However, it's an off year election where Republicans always fair better.  I'm hoping Periello pulls off a surprise win.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm on a boat in the middle of the bay and procrastinated on voting absentee downtown so I will miss my chance to vote for Stewart.

I will, however, vote for whoever wins this primary be it Stewart or Gillespie. The anti-gun leftist Northam (or the Bernout) must not be the next governor.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm on a boat in the middle of the bay and procrastinated on voting absentee downtown so I will miss my chance to vote for Stewart.

I will, however, vote for whoever wins this primary be it Stewart or Gillespie. The anti-gun leftist Northam (or the Bernout) must not be the next governor.
View Quote
It doesn't really matter.  It's not like we're going to lose the House of Delegates.

It would be nice to have a Republican Governor for a variety of reasons but status quo is okay, too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It doesn't really matter.  It's not like we're going to lose the House of Delegates.

It would be nice to have a Republican Governor for a variety of reasons but status quo is okay, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only thing I see a governor impacting that I care about is that a GOP governor could overturn the stupid executive buildings carry restrictions.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The only thing I see a governor impacting that I care about is that a GOP governor could overturn the stupid executive buildings carry restrictions.
View Quote
That would be nice but the only time I go to government buildings at this point is whenever I need something at DMV.  I would also be happy if the General Assembly scrapped the stupidly superfluous dual background check thing the State Police does.  It served a purpose at it was created pre-NICS but now it's just a waste of time and money.  It doesn't make any sense to continue doing dual background checks.  I honestly don't understand it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not really worried about them. I don't personally think they are lawful, or legally binding on anyone except executive-branch employees.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm not really worried about them. I don't personally think they are lawful, or legally binding on anyone except executive-branch employees.
View Quote
I wouldn't want to be the test case but probably.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:13:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I didn't vote but we need to back whoever is on our side 100% on the actual election day!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I was number 60 at my polling place at around 0900.  The three people in front of me all took Republican ballots.   The only campaign signs out front were for Davis, I was surprised at that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can trespass you, but that's it as far as I've been able to figure out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, whoever wins the primaries today, I'm just glad the fucking campaign robocalls will stop for a couple months.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well, whoever wins the primaries today, I'm just glad the fucking campaign robocalls will stop for a couple months.
View Quote
You're telling me!  I got THREE of them last night during dinner.  Very frustrating.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Early returns favoring Periello and Gillespie.

Edit: Perriello getting slaughtered in NoVa now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Early returns favoring Periello and Gillespie.

Edit: Perriello getting slaughtered in NoVa now.
View Quote
Those early returns are heavy from Fairfxa, Arlington and Alexandria so I don't hold much for that just yet.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those early returns are heavy from Fairfxa, Arlington and Alexandria so I don't hold much for that just yet.
View Quote
Ralph Northam (Democratic) 57.2%40,398
Tom Perriello (Democratic) 42.8%30,289

Edward Gillespie (Republican) 42.6%25,661
Corey Stewart (Republican) 39.4%23,703
Frank Wagner (Republican) 18.0%10,842

Latest numbers.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The crew at Decision Desk called it for Northam.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Gillespie maintaining a slim lead over Stewart.  Setting up to be establishment cuck versus establishment cuck as per usual.

Edit: Damn, this is close right now.

Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Seeing how our state went Crooked Hillary while Pennsylvania went Trump I think Northam is going to be very hard to beat.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#36]
As of 10:10 PM it looks like it's going to be Northam & Fairfax versus Gillespie & Vogel.

We all know that Northam is an asshole, but he's going to be very, very difficult to beat. And if he wins he will do everything he can to fuck things up for gun owners.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As of 10:10 PM it looks like it's going to be Northam & Fairfax versus Gillespie & Vogel.

We all know that Northam is an asshole, but he's going to be very, very difficult to beat. And if he wins he will do everything he can to fuck things up for gun owners.
View Quote
The fucked up part is Northam embraces his anti-gun shit and the libertarians in our state won't give a shit till after we're nailed by new anti-gun laws.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The fucked up part is Northam embraces his anti-gun shit and the libertarians in our state won't give a shit till after we're nailed by new anti-gun laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If we can hang on to the state senate and house of delegates, things shouldn't get any worse. If we lose the legislature and the dems take power, you won't believe how bad things will get. CHP shall-issue will be the first thing to go.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I hope that Stewart's showing in this primary sends a strong message to the RNC, but who am I kidding.  Now we have two establishment hacks running for Governor in November.  Barring a Trump-like miracle, Northam will be Governor.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:49:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Hello governor Northam.
While Gillespie surprised everyone getting close to beating Warner, he couldn't beat Warner with high hatred for Obama. The Dems are full on united against trump and with the cunt winning by over 5% the writing is on the wall.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm pleased with the results on the GOP side if not so much with the ones that won.

In a off-off year election you need turn-out and that costs a shit-ton of money. G&V can pull that kind of coin where Stewart would not have stood a chance of doing so.

With a Northam win it looks like G&V will need every cent they can get too.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#42]
We all get it, Stewart would have been everyone's wet dream Governor, but he is unelectable in a general election.  Giving away AR15s for Christmas, calling your opponents cucks on rededit, and embracing all things Confederate don't win general elections in a now blue state.  Four years ago, do you guys even remember the ads they ran against Cuccinelli?  I can't imagine what ads against Stewart would have been like.  I'm picturing a photoshopped image of him holding an AR15, standing on top of The General Lee's hood, giving some Mexican immigrant the middle finger while he wears a MAGA hat on his head, and the ad saying "Corey Steward - too extreme for Virginia".

That's what you would have got.  It would have been Northam in a landslide.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We all get it, Stewart would have been everyone's wet dream Governor, but he is unelectable in a general election.  Giving away AR15s for Christmas, calling your opponents cucks on rededit, and embracing all things Confederate don't win general elections in a now blue state.  Four years ago, do you guys even remember the ads they ran against Cuccinelli?  I can't imagine what ads against Stewart would have been like.  I'm picturing a photoshopped image of him holding an AR15, standing on top of The General Lee's hood, giving some Mexican immigrant the middle finger while he wears a MAGA hat on his head, and the ad saying "Corey Steward - too extreme for Virginia".

View Quote
I understand what you are saying and that is why Stewart wasn't my first choice.  However, VA is not a blue state. Stewart doesn't win in NOVA 4 or 5 times if we were a blue state.  We are a state with an ultra shitty Republican party (the Rs beat Cuccinelli, not the Dems), it's been that way for a long time.  We also have a major voter scam.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Respectfully, these sound a lot like the reasons Trump could never be elected President.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Respectfully, these sound a lot like the reasons Trump could never be elected President.
View Quote
Except Trump wasn't fired by Trump for protesting GOPE's disgusting treatment of Trump.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump is a moderate in comparison to Stewart.  There is a reason why Trump fired Stewart and distanced himself from him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Gillespie can win.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#48]
VCDL-PAC is already stepping on its crank and encouraging people to write in for Stewart or vote liberaltarian.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gillespie can win.
View Quote
Yes he could, hand we are dealt.  Another D won't help the cause.

"VCDL-PAC is already stepping on its crank and encouraging people to write in for Stewart or vote liberaltarian."

Sorry not seeing how this will help unless Stewart could win as a write-in in a general election.  It will split the R vote, assuring a D win.

Maybe Stewart could play a role in the cabinet or look at Senate or Congressional run since we aren't seeing any frontrunners yet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"VCDL-PAC is already stepping on its crank and encouraging people to write in for Stewart or vote liberaltarian."

Sorry not seeing how this will help unless Stewart could win as a write-in in a general election.  It will split the R vote, assuring a D win.

Maybe Stewart could play a role in the cabinet or look at Senate or Congressional run since we aren't seeing any frontrunners yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gillespie can win.

Where is that from? Do you have a link?

The following is from VCDL's email from yesterday:
"Statewide Results:

Governor - Republican: Ed Gillespie, just edged out Corey Stewart by a
little over 1%.  Ed answered his VCDL Candidate Survey "Pro-Gun." Corey
answered "Very Pro-Gun."  Senator Frank Wagner came in a distant third.
Senator Wagner also answered his survey "Very Pro-Gun" and has an
excellent voting record."

I saw no where in their email where they stated what you are saying.

I also want to remind everyone that Ted Cruz answered their survey as "Pro-Gun" as opposed to "Very Pro-Gun"
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top