Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/12/2017 6:20:49 PM EDT
I'm hoping for Stewart and would settle for RINOish Gillespie but I think Northam is going to win.

Northam already has ads on the local TV stations talking about how great he is and how he "stood up" to the NRA.

That cancer upon this great state, NoVa, will gush over him and anti-Trump sentiments will play a big roll.

I wonder if the left will dust Sarvis off to spoil the election again...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm hoping One Term Tom (as a local AM talk show host called him) bloodies Northam enough to keep it competitive with Gillespie.  Ed came close to knocking off Warner for senate and I think the RNC will be a bit more generous with the funding than they were with Cuccinelli.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
gillespie's just another fuckin' RINO.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
We had/have some good candidates for governor and lt governor, but Gillespie and Vogel are getting the establishment nod.  Neither are solid friends of the gun community and on personal levels aren't even decent people.  Vote June  13th and let's do better.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had/have some good candidates for governor and lt governor, but Gillespie and Vogel are getting the establishment nod.  Neither are solid friends of the gun community and on personal levels aren't even decent people.  Vote June  13th and let's do better.
View Quote
As someone who knows both Gillespie and Vogel personally, they are kind and decent people.  Vogel has an A+ from the NRA and was endorsed by the VCDL.  VCDL even released a long statement saying that of the LG race she has been the most reliable at carrying pushing pro-gun legislation.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As someone who knows both Gillespie and Vogel personally, they are kind and decent people.  Vogel has an A+ from the NRA and was endorsed by the VCDL.  VCDL even released a long statement saying that of the LG race she has been the most reliable at carrying pushing pro-gun legislation.  
View Quote
That's all not so credible opinion.  I dug up the Dec 2012 VCDL email blasting Vogel.  You should also look the 4 yr VCDL survey history of Vogel vs Reeves, where Vogel clearly scores lower.  Are you the VCDL guy that keeps censoring the discussion when folks bring this up?  We'd like to know the 180 here and why VCDL's own data has been ignored.

ETA:  Feel free to enlighten us on Vogel's computer and cell phone that were the sources of false adultery claims on Reeves.  She's a smarmy lawyer that's "in bed" with the right to people for politics.  Does Ed's constant ignoring our 2A functions not bother you?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Back on 2012, at least, Vogel was speaking out for several pro gun control issues and has made anti "assault weapon" statements in the past.  How she got an A+ or VCDL passing grade is puzzling.  

Her childish spat with Reeves isn't doing either one of them any favors either.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Northam has it locked up. The cunt winning va by 5.4%, trumps low approval ratings and NOVA all but seal the deal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/vcdl-pac-endorses-lieutenant-governor-primary/#axzz4h0fp8ptBVCDL Pac Explains why Vogel was endorsed over Reeves
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/vcdl-pac-endorses-lieutenant-governor-primary/#axzz4h0fp8ptBVCDL Pac Explains why Vogel was endorsed over Reeves
View Quote
Not following the author's logic"Which approach would you say inspires more confidence?".  The slandering lawyer that has said we shouldn't have "assault" weapons and has a lesser VCDL survey avg, or the former Ranger, LEO, Senator that brings the good fight as a warrior, enforcer, and legislature....is there really a comparison in leadership, character, or instilled confidence?  How did the VCDL rectify their call out against her in 2012?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Northam has it locked up. The cunt winning va by 5.4%, trumps low approval ratings and NOVA all but seal the deal.
View Quote
That's what I'm thinking too. Republicans and conservatives won't unite around Stewart or Gillespie, whichever wins the primary, so turn out will be low and Northam will win.

We are experts at fucking ourselves over with squabbling
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking too. Republicans and conservatives won't unite around Stewart or Gillespie, whichever wins the primary, so turn out will be low and Northam will win.

View Quote
While I think Gillespie is a little more squishy than I care for, I will vote for any R. Northam seems to be worse than McAwful. Already running ads sucking antigun dick.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
If it was my call I would not made an endorsement - that said there is nothing more frustrating then having a politician introduce a pro-gun bill and then bail on it at the request of squishes.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why didn't Riggleman get any traction?  He had support from conservatives and even central VA libs.  He was viewed more as an autonomous person rather than a party hack.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Eh, I'll vote straight R anyway.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Eh, I'll vote straight R anyway.
View Quote
That's the only way we can beat Northam. It's too bad, but there are a lot of guys here that call themselves Republicans but refuse to support Republican candidates who are not "pure" enough. That has happened several times in the past, and look where it has got us.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#16]
As with so many elections it will be the lesser of two evils.  Dems seem to be doubling down on gun control with their candidate.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Need to use the courts against the current Gov and all others to the throne.............nothing but career politicians, lining their retirements while working stiffs.............toil for nothing..............I predicted Trump would win it all the day he said Mexicans send their worst to our country.......criminals, drug dealers and the rest.............Look at Bob..........cleared of his criminal convictions......but unethical.......from top to bottom........Republican Sheriff's that won't even honor ICE detainers............Moral fabric is crumbling.....and the Republicans and the Democrats are to blame............equally
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Does Corey Stewart even have a chance? Wasn't he fired by Trump for protesting the BS GOPe was throwing at Trump during the campaign?  Seems like the GOPe will screw him harder than Cuccinelli and he won't be getting any support from the Trump Camp.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Does Corey Stewart even have a chance? Wasn't he fired by Trump for protesting the BS GOPe was throwing at Trump during the campaign?  Seems like the GOPe will screw him harder than Cuccinelli and he won't be getting any support from the Trump Camp.
View Quote
Corey Stewart doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. His embrace of all things Confederate will jump up and bite him in the ass.

I'm not opposed to the display of the Stars & Bars, and revere the sacrifice of my 3 Confederate ancestors. But times have changed here in the Old Dominion and a lot of other places. No politician with any hopes of success can say the things that Corey Stewart has said and hope to be elected.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#20]
From a Northam tv commercial "Donald Trump is a narcissistic egomaniac".

I hope Trump sues him.

Sad that he will likely be the next governor, and his agenda will be full throttle on gun control.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Saw on RCP polls showing both Perijello (spelled incorrectly on purpose) and Northam handing gillsepie his ass. They were from Wapo though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saw on RCP polls showing both Perijello (spelled incorrectly on purpose) and Northam handing gillsepie his ass. They were from Wapo though.
View Quote
Gillespie is a sinking turd. Instead of going with a proven winner, like Stewart, in NVA we will get saddled with him because only a squishy moderate can win in NVA, at least that is what the status quo tells us. But hey the other guys is racist yo!  Same ole shit they pulled with the BJ issue on cooch last election.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Folks keep forgetting this isn't a Red state anymore, and folks like Stewart have zero chance to win in VA.  He is completely toxic to the undecideds and the folks in the middle, and is hated by everyone on the left, so no chance of anyone on that side finding any reason to consider him.  His connection to President Trump hurts, not helps, him.   Anyone here who truly believes that ultra right wing conservatives stand a chance of winning the Governorship in the Commonwealth hasn't been paying attention to the last several election cycles.   IMO, Ed Gillespie is the only viable option for us to win back the Governors mansion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Folks keep forgetting this isn't a Red state anymore, and folks like Stewart have zero chance to win in VA.  He is completely toxic to the undecideds and the folks in the middle, and is hated by everyone on the left, so no chance of anyone on that side finding any reason to consider him.  His connection to President Trump hurts, not helps, him.   Anyone here who truly believes that ultra right wing conservatives stand a chance of winning the Governorship in the Commonwealth hasn't been paying attention to the last several election cycles.   IMO, Ed Gillespie is the only viable option for us to win back the Governors mansion.
View Quote
So 4 years of Northam's anti-gun agenda it is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So 4 years of Northam's anti-gun agenda it is.
View Quote
I'll go on record here that I'll vote for whoever wins the "R" primary, even Mr. Stewart.   Will you make the same pledge?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Complete nonsense. Other than the imported libtards that came rushing into NOVA with Odumbo, the state is solidly red. Now that Trump is flushing a lot of those imbeciles, it will be fairly easy to have a GOP governor. Remember, Trump won a resounding victory over the establishment candidates both GOP and Dim. He didn't do it by being squishy. He did it by sounding like an actual conservative, rather than a milquetoast moderate. Precisely the same thing will happen here with the gov's race.

People want to vote conservative, they are just having a hard time finding one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Complete nonsense. Other than the imported libtards that came rushing into NOVA with Odumbo, the state is solidly red. Now that Trump is flushing a lot of those imbeciles, it will be fairly easy to have a GOP governor. Remember, Trump won a resounding victory over the establishment candidates both GOP and Dim. He didn't do it by being squishy. He did it by sounding like an actual conservative, rather than a milquetoast moderate. Precisely the same thing will happen here with the gov's race.

View Quote
Reality check- Trump lost Virginia.  The only surprise was the margin was as thin as it was, but that's attributive to how unpopular Hillary was with many younger VA Democrats who were furious with how Bernie was treated by the party.

It isn't just NOVA that is blue, it's Hampton Roads, Richmond, Roanoke, and the college towns.  The only place conservatives can win in the Commonwealth are district races such as State house and Senate seats and the House of Representatives.  I don't believe we'll ever see a far right conservative ever win a state wide election in the near future, the demographics are against it and continue to grow more so.  So, I say again, I will vote for the "R" nominee, whoever he turns out to be.   Will you? 
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll go on record here that I'll vote for whoever wins the "R" primary, even Mr. Stewart.   Will you make the same pledge?
View Quote
I always vote for the R, even if they are a wishy washy RINO. Gillespie will be better than anti-gun Northam. I voted for Gillespie in his senate run.

I would prefer Stuart though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I always vote for the R, even if they are a wishy washy RINO. Gillespie will be better than anti-gun Northam. I voted for Gillespie in his senate run.

View Quote
And they're all better than Northam.  We have to do whatever it takes to keep him from winning, even if it means voting for the Republican candidate who isn't our first choice.   While I'm not a fan of Mr. Stewart, he'll get my vote if the alternative is either of the Democrats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And they're all better than Northam.  We have to do whatever it takes to keep him from winning, even if it means voting for the Republican candidate who isn't our first choice.   While I'm not a fan of Mr. Stewart, he'll get my vote if the alternative is either of the Democrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WayneG and KennyW1983 have it right. If you're a Republican, you need to support the Republican candidate, whoever it is. By not doing so, you help the gun-grabbers stay in power.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:24:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm I voted for Trump but The Cunt handed him his ass in Va. We lost ground. She won by 5.4%. The messiah only won 4%+- in his reelection. It would have been by a larger margin but quite a few d's went full Berntard.
Va is nearing solid blue status for governor and 2 senators.
I have voted straight R in every election since I turned 18.
Kaine will win reelection riding on anti trump BS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Reality check- Trump lost Virginia.  The only surprise was the margin was as thin as it was, but that's attributive to how unpopular Hillary was with many younger VA Democrats who were furious with how Bernie was treated by the party.

It isn't just NOVA that is blue, it's Hampton Roads, Richmond, Roanoke, and the college towns.  The only place conservatives can win in the Commonwealth are district races such as State house and Senate seats and the House of Representatives.  I don't believe we'll ever see a far right conservative ever win a state wide election in the near future, the demographics are against it and continue to grow more so.  So, I say again, I will vote for the "R" nominee, whoever he turns out to be.   Will you? 
View Quote
I'm with you on this. Sadly, most will repeat the same mistakes we've been making.  I've said this before and it's worth repeating. WE are 100% our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's a novel idea.....How about supporting those that will get the full backing/money of the GOP donors?  You need money to win.

Yeah, that means supporting Gillespie () and Vogel but I want a GOP win and yes while it's biting into a shit sammich for me to vote for Gillespie I willing to vote that way for a chance for the GOP to get a win....Stewart has no chance in a general election.

Winning is all that matters at this point. We can hash-out details later after we WIN.

Remember, just like in dealing with McAwful it's the Legislature keeps the Governor in check.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Vote whoever the NRA endorses and hope they win.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Vote whoever the NRA endorses and hope they win.
View Quote
They aren't endorsing in the Primary.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I plan to vote in the Democrat primary.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
gillespie's just another fuckin' RINO.
View Quote
Almost all the Republicans are RINOs.
I wish we could make them honest, and kick them to the Democrat ticket, so they would have to fistfight amongst themselves over the Democrat slot, rather than run a Democrat on the Democrat side and a lesser Democrat on the Republican side.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Almost all the Republicans are RINOs.
I wish we could make them honest, and kick them to the Democrat ticket, so they would have to fistfight amongst themselves over the Democrat slot, rather than run a Democrat on the Democrat side and a lesser Democrat on the Republican side.
View Quote
Cuch wasn't a RINO.  Also didn't win in a year when it should have been easy.  This state can't afford another 4 years of Dem control.  It's becoming another Maryland.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have thought about voting for the lesser evil if you assume a Democrat will win the general election. The problem is they are both pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have thought about voting for the lesser evil if you assume a Democrat will win the general election. The problem is they are both pretty bad.
View Quote
And in recent polls they both either tie Gilliespie or beat him by the same margins. There is no lesser evil on their side.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#41]
hate to break the bad news to yall but Virginia is a Blue state and its not coming back ..... You can thank all the transplants / foreigners in NOVA  the Tide Water and the Big cities .....  
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
hate to break the bad news to yall but Virginia is a Blue state and its not coming back ..... You can thank all the transplants / foreigners in NOVA  the Tide Water and the Big cities .....  
View Quote
And yet Maryland has an R governor.  He beat the popular, moderate, black Lt. Governor.  How did that happen?  One thing is for sure, conservatives in MD didn't surrender.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why didn't Riggleman get any traction?  He had support from conservatives and even central VA libs.  He was viewed more as an autonomous person rather than a party hack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think Riggleman wanted to win - he was getting some traction here around Charlottesville, then just kinda... stopped. I think he's got another ambition on his mind but don't know what that could be.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't think Riggleman wanted to win - he was getting some traction here around Charlottesville, then just kinda... stopped. I think he's got another ambition on his mind but don't know what that could be.
View Quote
May he had the foresight to see that being his own man was going to rail road himself?  Tough for a self funded man to keep going when the party doesn't want you.   For a guy who gave a great speech at Lobby Day, organized gun shoots with the politically curious and understands business, government, people and is well balanced on social and environmental issues; he was not embraced by gun lobbyists/owners either.  None of our most solid, sane, freedom fighter candidates were really even discussed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:11:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And yet Maryland has an R governor.  He beat the popular, moderate, black Lt. Governor.  How did that happen?  One thing is for sure, conservatives in MD didn't surrender.
View Quote
Larry Hogan isn't pure enough for most on Arfcom.

Had we been residents of MD many if not most of us would have sat it out.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:47:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Well I guess Gillespie shouldn't have counted his chickens yet.

Republican dead heat
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#47]
BumpAroo. Get out tomorrow and vote.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Stewart might win the primary tomorrow.

But can he win the election vs Northam or the other leftist?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Stewart might win the primary tomorrow.

But can he win the election vs Northam or the other leftist?
View Quote
Good question, not sure if the left mobilized their base.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Perriello might be too left tarded to win statewide; kind of thinking of picking him for the primary. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top