Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2017 10:25:22 PM EDT
Public, Private, don't care as long as Black Rifle friendly.
(And I don't mean FUDDs who've finally come around to the AR10, I mean our people.)
Usually, places I move come up short.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you can be out in the boonies in less than an hour. I'm sure you can find something.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I moved to South Florida a few years ago.

Gunshine State

More gun shows than synogogues, more synogogues than stop signs.

(Mea culpa I use four different synogoues)

Four people actually died of laughter - the fifth pulled through - when i asked about public lands to shoot on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Cavalier in Montpelier. Shoot a match, check the place out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep I've been dying for an outdoor range.  No luck with anything reliable past 100 yards
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know if you will find wide-open, but you will find a few that are black rife friendly. There are a ton of different Izaak Walton's in that area, but I don't know their personality - they may or may not be friends of the black rifle.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
When I was up in Fairfax, I believe the closest one was Hite hollow, but even that was almost three hours away...

I never went once.

Stuck to the NRA range and Quantico.

But obviously neither was a bring some cans and clean up when you're done affair.

I was friendly with some of the Izac Walton guys back then.   We are all gun people, but it's more  like me and my fourth cousins twice removed are family.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, the only "bring some cans and clean-up" are pretty far from NoVa. I think Hite Hollow has changed quite a bit too, but don't know for sure.

-shooter
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Sadly, there isn't much around. Most are limited to 100, and Amelia closes for a good part of the year.

I don't know of anything other than private land where you are going to be able to set up multiple targets either (matches not included, of course).

We really could use another range that offered the ability for more types of shooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top