Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 10:27:26 PM EDT
I am at the point in my life I need to get off my butt and get a few things sorted out legally.

#1: Wills for myself and the wife.  We have a daughter.  We have discussed with specific family members who will be her guardian if the wife and I die.  I do not want to use legal zoom for this.

#2:  Need to discuss with someone (lawyer? Accountant?) if we should set up a business.  We own and rent out a townhome in Harrisonburg.  The rent makes our monthly payment.  Should I set up a business to help with taxes?  I don't know.  Need to figure this out.

#3: Need a smart accountant to figure out WTH we are doing wrong with taxes.  We both have rewarding careers, and are doing well enough that my butt hurts from what the IRS does to us.  Yeah, taxes are inevitable, but I feel violated what we are paying.  We use turbotax, but I think that there is something we can be doing to stay on the up-and-up, but not have to write such a huge check.

Any advice?  If you can't recommend a specific person, I'll take general advice about any or all of the listed topics.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top