Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2017 8:19:21 AM EDT
VA HTF,

I'm presenting "Concealed Carry: Foundation Skills" on 6 May at my range in lovely Culpeper.  

"This ten-hour class is intended for near novice and experienced shooters alike seeking to acquire the basic skills required for carrying and legally employing a concealed handgun in self-defense.
The class consists of an extensive read ahead email, multi-media classroom presentation and subsequent defensive marksmanship training drills. These defensive marksmanship training drills emphasize safety, pistol manipulation (load, unload, reload, reduce malfunctions, perform a concealed draw stroke), practical marksmanship and the legal considerations of employing deadly force.  Students will also receive practical exercises in basic trauma aid in the application of tourniquets and pressure dressings. Students of all experience levels, from novice to experienced, are welcome and will benefit greatly from this course. Please note that THIS IS NOT A “BASIC” pistol class, rather is an introduction to the choices and consequences of the concealed carry lifestyle."

All of that for a paltry $175!  Students will need 300 rounds.  Rentals are available for $25.00, which includes a G19, hoslter, belt, mag carrier, mags, eye and ear protection, etc.

Registration here:  Concealed Carry:  Foundation Skills

On 13 May we're rolling with the Minuteman Rifle Course, which is an introduction to the AR (or other military rifle) for new owners, or people looking to get a tune up.  

This eight-hour class is designed to provide the novice a firm grounding in basics of safety, manipulation and marksmanship for military style rifles, primarily the AR series. Minuteman Rifle Course (MRC) is a basic class, plate carriers, night vision devices, lasers, etc. are not required. Optics (Aimpoint, Trijicon, etc. are welcome!)

Topics include:
•Cycle of operation
•Nomenclature
•Accessories
•Ballistics and zeroing
•Fundamentals of marksmanship
•The Big Four shooting positions
•Basic manipulation
•Malfunctions
•Graded marksmanship exercises
•Class sizes are limited to ten shooters to ensure plenty of individual attention.

Cost is $200, and students should bring 400 rounds.  Rifles and all other equipment are available for rent.

Registration and information here:  Minuteman Rifle Course

In June I'm presenting Foundation Skills (Generally the first weekend of every month through December) and I'm also hosting Greg Ellifritz for his med class and extreme close quarters gunfighting course.  More info on his page.

For July I'm working with Dr. William Aprill for an "Unthinkable" course at Elite Shooting Sports.  William's piece is largely criminal psychology, selection/de-selection, and a long hard look at the human mind.  My class is "Concealed Carry: Skills Beyond the Gun".  Detailed course descriptions and registration here:  Unthinkable Weekend!

Tom Givens is returning to teach his instructor course in May, and his advanced instructor course in August.  

Further out, I've got Spencer Keepers of Keepers Concealment coming back for his appendix inside the waist band and essential handgun skills courses in late October.  

For more information, hit my website!

See you on the range!

John
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#1]
wOOt!

FPF Training in 90 Seconds!

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:Tom Givens is returning to teach his instructor course in May, and his advanced instructor course in August.
View Quote
This was an outstanding course last year and if I were available, I'd go AGAIN!  Hoping to make the Aug course!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was an outstanding course last year and if I were available, I'd go AGAIN!  Hoping to make the Aug course!
View Quote
The Advanced Instructor course looks like a real ball buster.  And I'm sure that weather will cooperate!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
A ball buster in the August heat!  I'll start hydrating now
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm ready for the Tom Givens Instructor course this weekend, but also interested in the med class by Greg.  
Quoted:I'm also hosting Greg Ellifritz for his med class and extreme close quarters gunfighting course.  More info on his page.
View Quote
FYI, when I go to his page for more info, his link to your page goes to the 2016 schedule.  Is June 10 is correct?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top