Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 3:20:08 PM EDT
Green Ops will be presenting Defensive Pistol I and Carbine I Courses in Culpeper this May. We hope to see some of your there. Both offerings are full 8 hour training days.

We get some questions about "who" or "what prior skills" are needed for students who are considering to train with us, for Pistol I you should be comfortable drawing your pistol from the holster and you need safe gun handling skills, for Carbine I you also need safe gun handling skills and you should be comfortable with your firearm, sling and optics. Your rifle must be zeroed. We strive to improve your skills and make you knowledgeable about legal considerations.

If you own and or carry firearms for self defense (or are thinking about it) we encourage you to attend regular training at least annually. Go Train! Here in VA we recommend John Murphy at FPF. Others we recommend are John Benner at Tactical Defense Institute and Tom Givens of RangeMaster. Of course, we would be honored if you decided to train with us.

Here is the link to our website, you can get more information about us, the courses we offer, our philosophy, who we are, the 2017 Training Schedule and to register for a course:
https://www.green-ops.com/
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#1]
In addition to our May offerings, Green Ops has a Defensive Pistol I Clinic at the NRA Range in Fairfax on Sunday April 30th.

Please seek professional training from credentialed and vetted instructors if you own firearms for self defense.

Details for the April 30th Clinic are on the website at:https://www.green-ops.com/defensive-pistol-i-clinic--4hrs-_apr30.html

We hope to see you at the range. Train hard!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's additional information about our Pistol I on 20 May and Carbine I on 27 May:

Defensive Pistol I Course

This is a full 8-hour training day offering. Held within easy driving distance of Northern Virginia. This class covers the defensive use of a full sized to compact sized pistol. Students will improve their pistol handling skills with a strong emphasis on the fundamentals. Students will learn self-diagnostic skills to continue development of their own personal performance.

Location: STONE QUARRY RANGE IN CULPEPER, VA . LINK UP POINT: E.V. BAKER'S STORE (4066 ZACHARY TAYLOR HIGHWAY - CULPEPER VA 22701) - LINK UP OCCURS AND CONVOY DEPARTS 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLASS START.
Date:Saturday May 20, 2017. 9:00am to 6:00pm
Cost: $230 (Includes Lunch and Range Fee)

Topics Included:
Gear Setup
Safety
Justification for Use of Force
Mind Set
Safety
Drawing
Combat Marksmanship
Reloads
Malfunctions
Shooting Drills
Qualification Course of Fire

Equipment Needed:
Serviceable semi-automatic pistol (9mm or larger caliber) and at least three magazines
Quality belt with strong side holster and at least 1 magazine pouch
Be able to retain 2 magazines on your body
350 rounds of dependable ammunition. No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer.
Knee pads (optional, but recommended – range surface is rocky gravel)
Water for hydration
EYE PROTECTION, HEARING PROTECTION (ELECTRONIC RECOMMENDED) AND BASEBALL CAP.

*Note: Outdoor range - the only restrooms are port-a-johns.

*Students need to bring lunch. There is no catering at this site. Folding chair recommended.

Email: [email protected] or visit “Training Schedule” at www.Green-Ops.com
Class is limited to 20 students.

Defensive Carbine I Course

Full 8 hour training day. Extended version of our popular NRA Range 4 hour Clinic developed from student requests. All of the 3”x5” card drills and more. Additional drills at 50 yards, 100 yards and a qualification course of fire. Covers basic defensive use of the carbine, ar15 platform emphasized with other platforms welcome. Once safety, handling and the marksmanship fundamentals are covered we will move into drills and then distance work. If you have a dependable carbine and you want to run it, this is a great course offering for you. Our instructor to student ratio is designed to provide students effective coaching. Our staff is composed of consummate professionals. Green Ops team members are very experienced instructors from various backgrounds: national training organizations, competitive shooting, military and law enforcement with vast real world experience. $35 of every registration fee goes to support the 4H specifically the youth shooting sports program. Come out, train hard, learn, have fun and support a great organization.

Location: 4H Range in Culpeper VA off Rt 15 across from General Winder Road. Exact location to be provided after registration
Date: Saturday May 27, 2017. 9:00am to 6:00pm
Cost:$240 (Includes Lunch and Range Fee)

Topics Included:
Safety
Justification for Use of Force
Marksmanship Fundamentals
Zero
Mechanical Offset
Reloads (immediate and tactical)
Stoppage Clearance (immediate action and remedial action)
Positions and Transitions
Use of Cover
Equipment Setup
Performance Review
Qualification Course of Fire

Equipment Needed:
Serviceable, working carbine
Tactical Sling (Blue Force Gear Vickers or Viking Tactics recommended)
Quality belt with strong side holster and at least 1 magazine pouch
Be able to retain 2 rifle magazines on your body
350 rounds of dependable ammunition. No steel core, no armor piercing, no tracer
Eye and Ear Protection (electronic recommended)
Ball Cap
Weather appropriate attire (prepare for worst case) – we shoot rain or shine and hot or cold
Small Portable Rain Proof Note Book
Gun Oil
Knee pads (optional, but recommended)
Water for hydration

*Your Carbine should be Zeroed Prior to Course* Pros and Cons of different Zeros are discussed and a confirmation drill is conducted – but you will get the most out of this course if you come zeroed. We usually advocate a 50/200 yard set up. If you need assistance with this or have any questions please contact us.

Email: [email protected] or visit “Training Schedule” at www.Green-Ops.com
Class is limited to 20 students.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top