Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
The following was taken from facebook this morning. It looks like the liberal douche bags are going to demonstrate in Lynchburg on Trumps visit.

Greens will lead the charge
As co-chairman of the Lynchburg Green Party, it saddens me that the local Democratic Party decided to abstain from protesting President Trump’s visit to Liberty University, electing instead to be “planting flowers, painting and picking up trash.”
Though the national Democratic Party has become nothing more than a servant to its corporate donors, we assumed that the local level would be supportive, not dissenters to actions of grassroots democracy. The association between LU and the Trump administration is seen by many people in this area as an affront to both true Christian values and democracy. It also outlines the truth behind Thomas Jefferson’s comments in a letter to Horatio Spofford in 1814 in which he stated “In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
Our resistance on May 13 will not be against students or parents of LU graduates, but against the golden calf of greed and unregulated capitalism that Jerry Falwell Jr. alone has aligned with. It is in protest against a president who lacks any moral compass, against his disastrous policies and his attacks on minorities, the sick, the poor and democracy in general. We will not sit back and allow Lynchburg to be a safe place for Trump’s rhetoric and fascist leanings. We welcome all who wish to come out and join us and the Seven Hills Progressive Society on May 13 as we make certain the voice of resistance is never silenced.

MARCUS SUTPHIN
Lynchburg
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That'll be interesting.  I'm betting 12 people might show up.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The Green Party?

That is still a thing?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
A POTUS visit during graduation week to a campus that has two or three decent exit points? Traffic will be backed up to Wytheville.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Traffic in that area is already a nightmare. Wards road stays busy. I could go if I wanted to but I wouldn't want to deal with the lines and traffic but I may see how close I can get to the demonstrators just to troll them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I say we troll the shit out of these clowns. As much as I hate the traffic around LU, it'd be worth it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A POTUS visit during graduation week to a campus that has two or three decent exit points? Traffic will be backed up to Wytheville.
View Quote
Tell me about it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Protestors will not be allowed on campus so they are going to be far away. Also they better not be wearing masks or hoods as they are illegal in VA.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck it. Not going anywhere near there that day. Wards road and LU traffic are complete shit on normal days. As for the protesters, probably less than 20.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That'll be interesting.  I'm betting 12 people might show up.
View Quote
..or less.  There are quite a lot of progressives in Lynchburg, including Communists, but they are just passive aggressive dingle berries.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

..or less.  There are quite a lot of progressives in Lynchburg, including Communists, but they are just passive aggressive dingle berries.
View Quote
Saw quite a few bernout signs this last election. Quite a few people I gratuated HS with seem to be bernouts. I'm no fan of LU but they are an economic powerhouse for the city and help keep Lynchburg slightly red vs full on retard blue.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I just found this on the you know you're from Lynchburg page on facebook. I may just feel the need to go troll them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I just found this on the you know you're from Lynchburg page on facebook. I may just feel the need to go troll them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3892/18423717-1681926145168568-3350840989387151391-n-205572.JPG
View Quote
I'm going to try like hell to be there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I was just about to post that they are putting them down by CVCC.  That's funny.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
If you go to the you might be from lynchburg page on Facebook there are a few there advocating violence to those that oppose them so if you go to troll them, plan accordingly. I wish I knew some of the younger guys around here with diesel trucks so we could roll some coal and smoke them out, lol.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#15]
According to the news, 460 is shutdown near LU and Wards Rd. Is a parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I was unable to go this morning. I have a chest cold that's kicking my ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top