Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2017 10:05:16 PM EDT
Seems like annually these bozos create an unnecessary problem. In threads about bottled water girl and beat down boy this particular office refuses to acknowledge their over reaction and just doesn't learn.  I also posted a thread how this office was trying to force me into a last permit/cash and hemmed and hawed when I quoted their own regulatory exemptions.  I loath this group.

Customer discrimination, bikers not welcome.

ABC Derp
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Fluvanna's former sheriff Ryant Washington took over under McAuliff to straighten them out. Washington ran against Tom Garrett last nov and couldn't even win Fluvanna. That whole leftist bunch is horrible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That is complete crap. ABC should not be able to tell a person what kind of clientele they can have. The owners should sue the ABC over this bs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like annually these bozos create an unnecessary problem.
View Quote
that's Boozos!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I know someone who works for them and he's a first class asshole.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know someone who works for them and he's a first class asshole.
View Quote
......the company you keep. Lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

......the company you keep. Lol
View Quote
No, I grew up with him living across the street. We are roughly the same age and every time I see him he asks if I know anybody holding. I don't do drugs and don't hang with anyone who does. I saw him the first time in 10 years back when my mom was alive and instead of asking how my mom and sister was doing he asks me if I know anybody holding.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#7]
The seafood restaurant in Orange where apparently a biker and someone had a verbal exchange is a respectable establishment, so much that the real story here is who got offended and how many strings have they pulled?  This ABC office stands out among the rest as over zealous, but they are also much more politicized.  Right before the last ABC-UVA student incident the UVA President talked with the Governor and asked for more resources to counter alcohol (also wanted to ban all alcohol except beer).  This incident occurred in an old wealth rule town; some local big wig gets upset and then an entire group of people are in the sights of this reckless ABC office.  The most appropriate action would seem to be call their bluff.  

On a side note, it's a bit of stretch to say biker gangs are a problem here when no actual crime occurred, but then hear of the 17yr old kid tortured and murdered by MS13 in Bedford and have their Sheriff say they don't have a gang problem.  Weird times
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No, I grew up with him living across the street. We are roughly the same age and every time I see him he asks if I know anybody holding. I don't do drugs and don't hang with anyone who does. I saw him the first time in 10 years back when my mom was alive and instead of asking how my mom and sister was doing he asks me if I know anybody holding.
View Quote
Lol. I think I know that dude.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I just read an article this morning where the Louisa town manager said there have been no arrests of bikers and there are no ongoing investigations of bikers. http://www.virginiabiker.com/louisa-police-chief-ronnie-roberts-caught-in-a-lie-about-towns-motorcycle-club-issues.html
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just read an article this morning where the Louisa town manager said there have been no arrests of bikers and there are no ongoing investigations of bikers. http://www.virginiabiker.com/louisa-police-chief-ronnie-roberts-caught-in-a-lie-about-towns-motorcycle-club-issues.html
View Quote
Yeah Louisa has a more serious problem in gang violence more so than 1%er's.  At least the county has a gang task force but hell we have the gang initiation beating of the old woman a few years back and then the Kevin Quick killing.  But hey let's focus on something else, we don't want to frighten the sheep with the real problem.

I give no benefit of the doubt to the 1% crew because of their involvement in all sorts of criminal activity, but they really aren't a day to day serious problem in the county.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, it's funny that in Orange where all this biker bashing started, people are guessing what may have happened and the police are silent, but then the Louisa Police Chief picks up the ABC torch and runs with this vague biker issue; only to be refuted by the town manager.  If this isn't some made up shit being slung on businesses.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The Virginia State Police investigated the incident with the black kid/UVA student.......HE Resisted arrested, curse and abuse and disorderly conduct and a bunch of other stuff.........The local prosecutor let him off the hook...............The ABC agents were well within reason when dealing with the punk according to the VSP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Virginia State Police investigated the incident with the black kid/UVA student.......HE Resisted arrested, curse and abuse and disorderly conduct and a bunch of other stuff.........The local prosecutor let him off the hook...............The ABC agents were well within reason when dealing with the punk according to the VSP.
View Quote
Johnson is a race card playing twat.  That said,  what law did he break?  He didn't purchase or posses alcohol and had a legal ID.  FWIW, it's not illegal to consume alcohol under 21, which was not even a factor in the ABC honing in on him.  In a college town where it is tradition to have law enforcement turn a blind eye to the "4th year 5th and streak the lawn"  this is so petty.  You may want to look into the VSP's credibility.

My concern is with the pattern of aggression and now business bullying going that is unique to the Cville office, as well as the alcohol monopoly administered by the bottom rung of all law enforcement and frequently over-enforce codes and fabricate violations.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Johnson is a race card playing twat.  That said,  what law did he break?  He didn't purchase or posses alcohol and had a legal ID.  FWIW, it's not illegal to consume alcohol under 21, which was not even a factor in the ABC honing in on him.  In a college town where it is tradition to have law enforcement turn a blind eye to the "4th year 5th and streak the lawn"  this is so petty.  You may want to look into the VSP's credibility.

My concern is with the pattern of aggression and now business bullying going that is unique to the Cville office, as well as the alcohol monopoly administered by the bottom rung of all law enforcement and frequently over-enforce codes and fabricate violations.
View Quote
How do you figure?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How do you figure?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you figure?
Code Section  (It is illegal)
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Agreed.

Consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under 21 is expressly prohibited conduct under §4.1-305.

Previously, consumption was not expressly proscribed, but possession was. To that note, Hale v. Commonwealth, 23 Va.App. 587 (1996) (which is still valid case law) held that evidence of consumption is sufficient to support a conviction for possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21.

I'm not sure where the OP is getting the idea that consumption by people under 21 is not illegal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Agreed.

Consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under 21 is expressly prohibited conduct under §4.1-305.

Previously, consumption was not expressly proscribed, but possession was. To that note, Hale v. Commonwealth, 23 Va.App. 587 (1996) (which is still valid case law) held that evidence of consumption is sufficient to support a conviction for possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21.

I'm not sure where the OP is getting the idea that consumption by people under 21 is not illegal.
View Quote
For someone jnvolved in the alcohol sales business you'd think he'd know under 21 is illegal...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Respectfully the exemptions provided allow persons under 21 to consume or even possess alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Respectfully the exemptions provided allow persons under 21 to consume or even possess alcohol.
View Quote
Those exemptions are so far from the picture you're trying to paint you might as well be speaking Martian.  

It's not illegal to drink under 21, right.  And you know possess and consume are two different words right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only in the presence of their parents or guardians, and not in public. §4.1-200(7).  

That's an incredibly narrow exemption to the baseline law that it is expressly illegal for someone under 21 to possess or consume alcohol.

Saying that it is not illegal for someone under 21 to possess or consume alcohol is simply an incorrect statement, and an inaccurate description of the law.

Saying that there is a very narrow exemption when they may possess or consume alcohol, where they ordinarily may not, is a more correct statement.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
VSP is probably the premier law enforcement agency in the State.............curse and abuse, resisting arrest, are all crimes..........Look at the video and listen to what the kid yells at the agents..........vulgarity........you don't like LE obviously, no matter what agency dishes it out..........rule of law brother.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top