Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 7:53:41 PM EDT
Does anyone know if we are required to display front plates in Va.?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if we are required to display5 front plates in Va.?
View Quote

Yes.  46.2-715.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:42:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes.  46.2-715.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone know if we are required to display5 front plates in Va.?

Yes.  46.2-715.
made it hot 46.2-715

Also, the plate has to be attached to the vehicle. Throwing it up on the dash by the windshield does not count even though I see it all the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]
From experience they do enforce it in NoVA.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
You bet they do!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I think there have been several tries to get a bill to remove the requirement, unfortunately none have proceeded far enough.   
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes you have to have it. Kind of a stupid law, just like yearly inspections. I guess it makes it easier for plate readers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You're supposed to yea, but I've found the closer you live to the nc border the less they mess with you, we have alot of nc drivers here with and without front plates so 9/10 they let you slide, the 1/10 is if they get you for something else then they will write for it
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Have owned three C-5 Corvettes over the past twenty years and never displayed a front license plate...just ruins the front profile.  In all those years I had only one ticket for failure to display a front license.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#11]
In all my years I've never gotten a ticket for not having a front license plate but I have gotten a warning when there is nothing else
wrong. It is a good excuse for police to pull you over especially if you are going thru a check point
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You bet they do!
View Quote
Yup, same with DC.  

I routinely got tickets for not having a front license plate when I was stationed at Belvior on active duty.  Never mind the fact that my car was registered in Tennessee, had TN plates and TN does't issue a front license plate...  

I swear every time I parked in DC I got a ticket for "not displaying a front license plate."  Talk about a pain in the ass trying to get that appealed every time...
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The enforce everything in Virginia, no matter how asinine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The enforce everything in Virginia, no matter how asinine.
View Quote
THIS

I couldnt see the other posts when I first replied.  Welcome to the bread lines.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Have owned three C-5 Corvettes over the past twenty years and never displayed a front license plate...just ruins the front profile.  In all those years I had only one ticket for failure to display a front license.
View Quote
I got one in my C6 last month - I WILL NOT COMPLY....this reminds me, I gotta pay that damn ticket
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got one in my C6 last month - I WILL NOT COMPLY....this reminds me, I gotta pay that damn ticket
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see it as civil disobedience. This is just from Albemarle County for me:

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 3:52:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I hit a deer in my old truck several years ago. Ripped my front plate and mount off...no other damage though.  I never found the plate, and never got another one. Drove for 2 years like that and was never bothered. I'm about ready to take the front plate off my new truck, because plate readers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top