Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2017 10:12:50 AM EDT
I absolutely love pickled eggs, but have had trouble finding good ones. I did find a place in Hagerstown, MD that has them, but it's a hell of a drive up there to get them. Nalls' Farm Market, on Route 7 just east of Berryville will be re-opening on Saturday after their winter vacation. I just talked to David Nalls, and he told me that they have a good stock of Amish Wedding brand pickled eggs, both the beet eggs and the jalapeno flavor. Those jalapeno eggs are so good that your tongue will slap the roof out of your mouth. And for you old farts out there who are watching your carbohydrates, they are not only good, but good for you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I love them.  But you need to post this in the cooking forum and learn to do them yourself, rather than driving all over Virginia trying to find them.  They're easy to do.

I don't know anyplace that sells homemade pickled eggs...it's all the packaged store stuff, which you'll avoid after you've made your own.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
He's right. I'm not a fan myself, but making your own is dead nuts easy. At the most basic it's just hard boiling eggs and sticking them in a jar of vinegar mixture, and waiting. Use what flavorings you like. Some good ideas here:  link
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I absolutely love pickled eggs, but have had trouble finding good ones. I did find a place in Hagerstown, MD that has them, but it's a hell of a drive up there to get them. Nalls' Farm Market, on Route 7 just east of Berryville will be re-opening on Saturday after their winter vacation. I just talked to David Nalls, and he told me that they have a good stock of Amish Wedding brand pickled eggs, both the beet eggs and the jalapeno flavor. Those jalapeno eggs are so good that your tongue will slap the roof out of your mouth. And for you old farts out there who are watching your carbohydrates, they are not only good, but good for you.
View Quote

I usually go by there every other weekend, will pickup orders if interested.

I've had 1000 year old eggs, solved my pickled egg desires.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely love them and use them as a daily part of my diet. I eat 8 a day to help meet protein and calorie requirements during heavy lifting cycles (physician approved and my lipid profiles are perfect).
I get them from our local Sams Club in bulk. I have no doubts that the gourmet brands you mentioned above are probably tastier, but these are easy to find and very convenient.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife says Jake & Amos brand is best. She doesn't know where to get them locally so she gets some at Yoder's in Madison, their house brand. She said you want the ones in red beet juice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife says Jake & Amos brand is best. She doesn't know where to get them locally so she gets some at Yoder's in Madison, their house brand. She said you want the ones in red beet juice.
View Quote

I'm not familiar with the Jake & Amos brand. I have tried the pickled eggs from the Country Breeze Farm Market on Route 11, about 5 miles south of Chambersburg, PA. I like the Amish wedding brand a lot better, though.
Amish Wedding also makes some bodacious pickled sausages.....the kind you used to get in bars and beer joints. Every week or so I like to make myself a little relish tray, with cubes of pepper jack cheese, chunks of pickled sausage, 4 or 5 Peppadews, and a pickled egg or two. Makes a nice low carb snack

EDIT: Amish Wedding also makes mustard-flavored pickled eggs. I haven't tried them yet, but the next time I'm up in Hagerstown, I'll pick up a jar.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Go anywhere up the country and you will find them at most gas stations. You city folk are f'd without pickled eggs and sausages.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I would think the Amish market in Laurel, MD would have them but I don't know for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top