Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2017 10:25:18 PM EDT
Going through the VA Hometown posts and saw the one on non-ethanol fuel.  I just moved here from GA.  We had non-ethanol everywhere down there.  

Rather than resurrect a necro-post from 2014 I thought I'd pass on a little tidbit...

If you're looking for decent fuel for storage or anything would benefit from non-ethanol here's an idea.  Airplane fuel.  The most common is 100LL (Low Lead).  If you have an old muscle car, the valve guide seals will like it.  Still less lead in 100LL than leaded auto fuel had back in the day.  100LL is a pure petroleum product.  No detergents, chemicals or other additives.  You could fill a 55gal drum with 100LL and as long as it is properly sealed and stored, it'll be as good in 50 years as the day it left the refinery.  They do dye it blue for easy identification vs other grades of aircraft fuel.  Back in the day there was also 80 octane for the little tail draggers and such.  There was also 100130 (purple).  The only place you find that now is airshows with the old WWII fighters. I've never gotten my hands on 100/130.  Some of the smaller general aviation airfields will sell it to you in cans, some won't.  It can't be used in street vehicles because no highway taxes are collected on it.  Still pretty pricey though.  I always used it to store my gasoline powered equipment over the winter.  The only down side to 100LL is in really cold temps it can be a little hard to start.  We're talking 20deg F and below.

It's another option.  I have to drive about an equal distance to either a GA Airport for 100LL or a station that has non-ethanol fuel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
There is supposedly a place in Berryville that sells it.  Too far for my needs, which is just a small quantity for my snowblower, so I use Trufuel.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was spoiled in GA.  Got up here and went to my non-ethanol site and thought I did something wrong and then realized it was going to be a real pain in the butt locating some non E-gas.  What a joke.  Meh...it is what it is.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is supposedly a place in Berryville that sells it.  Too far for my needs, which is just a small quantity for my snowblower, so I use Trufuel.
View Quote

Cool!
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Southern States in Spotsylvania has it also.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The BP in Warrenton right when you come into town (near TSC) has a pump with ethanol free gas.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The Wawa in Central Park, Fredericksburg has it. Was hoping they'd be rolling it out to all their locations.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is a place in Winchester right off 81 and 7 that sells non-e gas, right by 5 Guys Burgers.
If i recall a number of stations in the area.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is a place in Winchester right off 81 and 7 that sells non-e gas, right by 5 Guys Burgers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

That's the Liberty just east of I-81 on Route 50.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>

Yep, Jordan Springs market, throx, and a few other places in Winchester have it as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy all my non-ethanol gas at Murphy's Express.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#13]
The Southern States on the south end of Staunton on Rt 11 has it.

Also a few places in Harrisonburg.

There's a place in Clifton Forge that I've seen a sign for but never purchased it there.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Might have missed you location in your post but Adams oil in powhatan va has all 3 grades of non ethinol fuel (west of Richmond) 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top