BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2017 9:54:33 AM EDT
Who is ready for this one?

Firewood ready to go
Gas in the snowblower
Scotch in the bar
Only real concern is snow on top of the camper

Looks like I'm supposed to get between 10-15in (not a sex joke)
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
About 9" in my AO.  Already filled the truck and loaded 90lbs of cat litter in the bed for weight/traction if it gets icy.  

Ended up going to Tractor supply to get a couple of clevises for the newly installed bumpers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I also confirmed I have plenty of .22 and the suppressor is ready to go. Beer can shooting from the garage
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Gonna pick up some pork shoulders on the way home for some instant-pot pulled pork.

And ingredients for some Moscow Mules.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My daffodils and tulips came up early because of the false spring. I wonder how they'll fare with snow on the ground?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Firewood ready to go
Gas in the snowblower
Scotch in the bar

View Quote

Make sure to cover-up the lions atop your driveway entrance columns.

12"+ called for here in the northern valley.

Meh, gassed/fired-up the snow blower, filled the bird feeders, brought in three days worth of firewood for the wood stove, and positioned snow shovels in strategic locations.

I also got my PU out of the way so I can clear out in front of it and just pull it up afterwards.

Yeah, I'm not new to this dance.

I got a cauldron of homemade vegetable-beef soup going.....Nothing like sitting down to a big steaming bowl of soup and homemade bread after moving snow.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, gassed/fired-up the snow blower, filled the bird feeders, brought in three days worth of firewood for the wood stove, and positioned snow shovels in strategic locations.

I also got my PU out of the way so I can clear out in front of it and just pull it up afterwards.

I got a cauldron of homemade vegetable-beef soup going.....Nothing like sitting down to a big steaming bowl of soup and homemade bread after moving snow.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firewood ready to go
Gas in the snowblower
Scotch in the bar

I'll have to position the snow blower right at the garage door. I'll have to make a path for the doggies.

For the record, I don't have lions...just lights.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll have to position the snow blower right at the garage door. I'll have to make a path for the doggies.

For the record, I don't have lions...just lights.
View Quote

You must have lions or at the very least horse heads.....All the landed gentry have them....It's a thing.

That's where my blower is as I'm done as far as going anywhere else today. I always make a path for the dog (and myself) from the garage, around the wood rack, and to the back patio.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#8]
All ready to go, a shitload of firewood (got a wood stove in basement, insert upstairs), generator ready, booze, food, suppressors.  Nokesville here.  I am on the edge of possibly 8-12".
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Vehicles gassed up and back into the garage - Check.
Snow blower tuned up and filled with fresh, ethanol free, gas - Check.
120 lbs of ice melt left over from last year, first bag loaded into the spreader - Check.
5 lbs of potatoes, two heads of cabbage, and two corned beef briskets ready to go into the pot tomorrow - Check. (Giant has corned beef on sale $2.17/lb)

Hoping the snow totals are on the higher side as I gave my 2 weeks notice on March 1st and would love to not have to go to my last two days of work
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Started snowing in Nokesville about half an hour ago.  I'm surprised, the forecasts weren't calling for snow until around 9-10PM.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
It started intermittently flurrying and raining in Spotsylvania/Stafford around 5. Just wet right now, though I saw a few cars on the shoulder and the ambulance taking off near Lake Wilderness.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Started snowing in lovettsville
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:25:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Latest reports imply it might be a bust where I am (North Reston).  We are right on the line.  Could be one inch, could be half a foot, but doesn't look like we are getting walloped either way.

Fired up the snowblower this weekend just in case.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Latest reports imply it might be a bust where I am (North Reston).  We are right on the line.  Could be one inch, could be half a foot, but doesn't look like we are getting walloped either way.

View Quote

We're still 5 to 9 tonight 3 to 7 tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in loudoun and not getting shit. Very disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#16]
In Stafford, bought a two racks of ribs to grill tomorrow on my snowday. So far not impressed...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Easy half inch in Nokesville already.  Wet, thick stuff.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:43:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like a bust in Prince William, just sleet and rain now.
I really don't want to wake up at 4am and find out I have drive to work tomorrow, it's gonna suck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.  I was just out walking the pup, and there was barely enough on paved areas to leave footprints.  She did get to roll on the grass to make a Golden Snow Angel though, which she loves to do.  Maybe 3/4 on an inch there.  Maybe.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:01:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Snow, sleet 1.6" at Dulles plowing going on. Federal Government 3 hour delay, wonder about my 1030 and 230pm downtown meetings?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Little bit of sleet accumulation here in Sterling, right off of 28.  I've been checking the mountain pass on VA511 for my trek back to Winchester at 0600.  Doesn't look half bad.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:18:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Just took a quick walk out front, looks to be 2-3" of thick heavy snow with a layer of ice on top and on the bottom where the initial stuff melted and refroze, west of Leesburg. Just watched some yayhoo get sideways and almost end up in my front yard coming down the hill, I'm staying in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Holy sheet, the roads suck.  Fairfax Ctny Prkwy to Braddock and then Braddock around 495 and up 395.  

Plows couldn't keep up and it's icy as hell.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#24]
About 9 inches here (about 3 miles S of Lovettsville). I'm on an "all weather highway", which is the official VDOT designation for a dirt road, so I'll wait until VDOT runs a snowplow down my road before I try to get out. 200 feet of driveway should be okay with my Jeep.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like near 3" in northern Prince William county, snow, then ice, then snow.  Telecomuting today.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#26]
About 10in here

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:13:38 AM EDT
[#27]
About 10in here

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#28]
It was a bust in Reston. I had perhaps two inches on my driveway, although it was pretty heavy and wet.  I suppose the weight made it worth it to use the snowblower. Snowblower was definitely useful at the end of the driveway though, where I had a foot high stack of icey mix.  Hell, I just wanted to use the damn thing. I bought it in September.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Got about 3 inches in the libtards republic of Arlington when i checked around 10 am this morning, it felt like mostly slush at that point though, "heart attack snow"
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#30]
10" plus in Bluemont (Clarke Co side) still snowing when i left for work. Glad the plow was on the truck. We live 1.5 miles from Mt Weather FEMA. all the roads are dirt/gravel, so I was up at 0500 plowing the roads in and out for the neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Getting bitter out there, if it didn't melt, freezing now. 30 deg, 39 mph gusts at Dulles, feels like 9 deg.

ETA: 3/15 0600 20 deg, 24 mph winds at Dulles, feels like zero deg F.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]
wind chill tonight/tomorrow am is going to be no joke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top