Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2017 1:56:38 PM EDT
I am slowly getting into NODS and I am curious if there are any consistent night shooting events or Low-Light/No-Light classes available in the Virginia area.  I am specifically looking in the NOVA area, but willing to travel 1.5-2.0 hours out to attend.

Also, whatever happened to the indoor night shoot at the NRA range?  Did it ever happen?

Any insight is appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a 4-hour Low Light class coming up on 25 June at the NRA Range Green Ops Low Light Clinic

We are also talking to a Night Vision company about running classes with NODs.  There are several issues we keep running into:
-Most people don't own their own Night Vision gear and lasers.
-Enough people to sign up.
-High cost of running a course.
-Facilities.  

I'm also in discussion with another trainer that owns 10 sets of each and he wants to partner up for a course.  Again, cost, enough students and facilities, keep getting in the way of a great time!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a 4-hour Low Light class coming up on 25 June at the NRA Range Green Ops Low Light Clinic

We are also talking to a Night Vision company about running classes with NODs.  There are several issues we keep running into:
-Facilities.  

I'm also in discussion with another trainer that owns 10 sets of each and he wants to partner up for a course.  Again, cost, enough students and facilities, keep getting in the way of a great time!
View Quote

Tag for interest when you get the trainer lined up.  I don't have the gear at this time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I've taken a handful of Green Ops classes, and plan on attending the Low Light Pistol class in June.

I am also interested in a No Light class. Closest I've seen is at Max Velocity Tactical in West Virginia, but I think it is intended to be an add on for their Combat Team Tactics class. Next best option seems to be Alliance, OH for the TNVC class...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

-Facilities.  

View Quote
i would also be interested in a no light class around the nova area
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Count me in for a no night class. I got peqs and nd.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

-Facilities.  

View Quote
I'd be very interested (as long as the cost isn't prohibitive and I can get time away from work to attend) in a class with gear provided.  NV is something I want to get into, but would love to get some instruction and experience with it instead of buying blind.  I'm in the Norfolk area, NOVA wouldn't be out of the question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top