Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 4:00:57 PM EDT
Came up fast and had some pretty good hail in N. Stafford.

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I got it too.  Luckily no damage.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It was around pea sized here in Spotsy. Only lasted about 2-3 minutes, decent rain for about 10, then went away. Can barely tell it rained at all now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to fly through the very southern end of it back into PHF and those were the hardest hits I've had in a while. In the middle of briefing the approach my IPAD went zero G and almost broke my nose!

Hell of a ride!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to fly through the very southern end of it back into PHF and those were the hardest hits I've had in a while. In the middle of briefing the approach my IPAD went zero G and almost broke my nose!

Hell of a ride!
View Quote

Glad you're alright; you need one of those iPad leg strap things! What were you flying through that mess?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]
No hail at all where I was.  Some wind, tossed around the outside furniture cushions is about all though.

Up here at Quantico though...trees down all over the place, worse than it was a few years ago when we had that storm that took power down all over the region.

So 610 must have been real close to being the southern edge of it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glad you're alright; you need one of those iPad leg strap things! What were you flying through that mess?
View Quote

I'm a captain on a business jet. The turbulence actually caused one of our external lights to blow which my copilot and I got a laugh out of.

An iPad kneeboard or a yoke mount aren't practical for what we do so we have to pass it back and forth as required.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Was driving on 64 west heading into Beckley WV at 11 am.. mad my Silverado feel like a sheet of plywood in a windstorm... called the wife in Lexington and warned her it was coming..

The storm took out my flag holder
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top