Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2017 5:46:58 PM EDT
I saw this on Drudge:

Corey Stewart

The protestors did a great job of convincing me to vote for him.    I did check out his stance on
the issues on his website - didn't see anything there that I didn't like. Does anyone here know more
about him?

-Warren-
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not paying much attention yet. I think it will come down to Stewart or Gillespie.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Great guy. Very gun friendly. His campaign gave away an AR. Instrumental in getting illegals run out of PWC, and getting our CHP fees reduced to fifteen bucks.

oh, and for anyone who was hoping / worried / whatever, Cooch announced he isn't running.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't he the guy who Trump fired?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know the story behind that. But I'm happy with his actual record.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the petitioners stopped me at the last Hampton gun show.  I asked about his platform and her first response was something about abortion...which immediately turned me off.  When I went home to do more research though, I decided he's a decent candidate based on everything I could find out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
What about Frank Wagner? His stance on the issues seems to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Gillespie starts out with the highest name recognition, statewide. Stewart might be able to overcome that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry, the dems will donate $10k to Sarvis.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't worry, the dems will donate $10k to Sarvis.
View Quote

No one will EVER convince me that Sarvis isn't a Dem plant.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
http://www.wmal.com/2017/01/17/listen-ed-gillespie-discussed-kicking-off-his-campaign-for-virginia-governor/
Ed was on WMAL last month.
Skip to 2:17 and listen to the answer on the 2nd. I didn't like it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Sigh, I don't suspect we will do any better the next go round what with the VGOPe all hot to run Senate race loser, NJ carpetbagger, part of W's "brain trust", and lobbyist firm co-owner Ed Gillespie.....I'd prefer Corey Stewart but hell, he's not a Virginian either, he was born in MN for goodness sake.  

God help Virginians.

BTW....Did the Chinese fire drill that is the VGOP ever decide on a open or closed primary?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Stewart is OK, bold but sometimes so headstrong it hurts him....see what happened to his relation with Trump.  

I prefer Riggleman,  very pro 2A, still likes taking on jihadis (started enlisted)  and  distills a mean drink (Silverback Distillery).  A few liberal friends in the Cville area indicated they might go for him as they see him as a good community rep, especially with preservation issues.  He appeals as he isn't a partyliner, nor a politician....his mission is to unsuck Richmond.

ETA: McAwful lost a lot of credit with Cville Libs as he depicted Nelson County as impoverished and needed Dominion Power's original plan.  He's considered weak, out of touch, if not a liar by many around Cville.  Riggleman conversely is well known in the area and many liked him before his political bid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top