Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2017 7:26:04 PM EDT
Bust it is.....Sheesh. I arrived at 2:05 expecting a line, but I was the 8th person there. I guess the cold kept everyone but the die hard from arriving early or just us idiots. me included. I was looking for a particular rifle, just one new rifle. I wanted a Weatherby Weatherguard in either 308 or 6.5 Credmoor. I went up and down each and ever aisle looking, left & right, left & right. But not a single Weatherby was seen. There was a guy close to the front with  Remingtons and Savages in 308. I told him I was looking for a moa 308. He steered me toward a Savage 10f-cp-sr. He listed it for $695, said if I paid cash he would knock $20 off, plus there was a $75 mail in rebate. He talked about how good it was and $600 was the price I was willing to pay. I have never shot a Savage, never really gave it a second look.

I went about my way and went online to see what the reviews were. They seemed to be just ok, not a real tack driver but acceptable. Then I looked at the prices online. They were $125 less before the rebate. Sheesh. What a waste. I really did not look to see if there were any good deals on other things to be found, since I was only looking for the Weatherby. I guess I will buy on line
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I arrived at 3:10 and there was a long line to get in. It moved reasonably fast though.

I noticed that there seemed to be more empty tables than usual. Maybe the vendors hadn't arrived yet.

Otherwise, it was the same old, same old. The same vendors and the same goods for sale.

Picked up a bunch of new 30-round GI magazines for $10 each. The vendor wouldn't come down in price, but I figured that was reasonable.

It was nice to visit with some old friends at the tables.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top