Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 5:08:15 PM EDT
Does anyone here know anything about a delivery company named Estes Express.

They damaged a product shipped to me and have summarily declined my claim.

I am looking for contact information beyond the usual online services.  I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

In any event, I recommend avoiding this service provider as their conduct is indicative of a disreputable business.

CN

Update 2/6/17--Estes responded to a BBB complaint with an offer to pay for half the item's value after summarily dismissing my claim.
Update 2/7/17--I rejected their half measure.  It is worth the costs to have the cautionary tale remain in the public view.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a snowblower from the Home Depot website back in September.  They had free delivery and Estes was the carrier.  I contacted Estes about delivery using a number I found on the web and they told me they would be be using a third-party for the final leg since I needed a lift gate.  No issues with the crate when it arrived.  Don't remember where I found the number.  Just googled.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#2]
We get deliveries all the time where I work through Estes with parts and what have you, never had an issue.

Did Estes directly deliver it to you or did they transfer your shipment to a third party for delivery? If them transferring the shipment is the case then I can see why they declined the claim.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know what # you have

804-353-1900... Headquarters

Ask for Robey he's the CEO.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Estes Express lines is a Va company......since about 1933 and based in Richmond.....Largest privately owned LTL carrier in the nation......Robey Estes Jr. will not talk to you..He has employees that will do that....lol........
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, there has to be more to the story. Was the freight FOB? Was it insured? Was it shipped via Estes Guaranteed? Did you inspect freight before signing? All these factors and more go into every single shipment with LTL/freight. It's not like ups or the post office. Estes uses third party van lines to do final delivery some times.

As a consignee you wouldn't be filing a claim the shipper would. If it was concealed damage you have 48 hours to report it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top