Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
With all of the new craft beer places opening up its hard to keep track of them all. A friend took me to Bold Mariner earlier today (day drinking ) he's only been open a year but its a cool little place about 2 blocks over from Hampton Blvd at the corner where Fantom Works is. 25th St I think. The guy that owns it is an active duty SEAL and he was the one pouring beers today. The tasting room is open Tuesday-Sunday. 20% off growler fills on Thursday and 20% off drafts on Tuesday. Its a cool little place.

Click here for beer.

Im not connected to the place, I just like passing on info about LOCAL brews.

I think there are 6 just in Norfolk.

O'Connor's
SmartMouth
Bold Mariner
Coelacanth
Benchmade
and a few others I cant name off hand.

We should do an ARFCOM'rs of Tidewater Brewery Crawl sometime.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Tidewater used to be a hotbed of music too, and many legendary musicians and bands came out of there. I played at the Top Hat at 21st and Atlantic during the summer of 1964 and many places in the area since then. With the new breweries is there also an uptick in the music scene?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm down for a bar crawl
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to mention Green Flash until I seen they actually are out of San Diego.  Thanks for the list.  May have to hit up a few.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the 500 Server error and it created the double tap...lol
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tidewater used to be a hotbed of music too, and many legendary musicians and bands came out of there. I played at the Top Hat at 21st and Atlantic during the summer of 1964 and many places in the area since then. With the new breweries is there also an uptick in the music scene?
View Quote
http://www.meona.net/13dd.html  this guy lists all the active bands playing in the area that participate. As long as I have a DD I would be happy to do a bar crawl/meet and greet.  I tend to consume more than my share.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top