Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2017 11:48:26 PM EDT
January 11, 2017

Dear Shithead;

Thank you for contacting me about the Hearing Protection Act.  I appreciate hearing from you.

On October 22, 2015, Representative Matt Salmon introduced the Hearing Protection Act, H.R.3799.  The bill would remove firearm silencers from the jurisdiction of the National Firearms Act. This would allow Americans to buy silencers without going through the registration process with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms and without paying the current tax. The bill would also prohibit states from taxing or requiring the registration of silencers. The bill has been referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means and Committee on the Judiciary.

Proponents of H.R. 3799 argue that it would make it easier for sportsmen to protect their hearing while shooting. Opponents express concern that the bill would make it easier for criminals to obtain silencers.

I will keep your views in mind should the Senate consider the Hearing Protection Act. Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Signature

Tim Kaine
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought that this was an interesting news article:

Conservative talk radio personality Laura Ingraham is eyeing a Senate run in Virginia to challenge Democratic Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine, the Washington Examiner reports.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
We all know damn well neither he nor Warner will vote for it.

Thanks NoVa.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy cow - he has no position on it.  Must have been too busy trying to steal the election from Trump.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
My reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the quick response, as I note that I have yet to receive a response on this topic from Sen. Warner.

That noted, your response told me exactly nothing about your thoughts and potential leanings on this topic.  Please clarify.

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top