Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2017 6:42:40 PM EDT
Snow in the forecast for NoVA... could be up to an inch!!!

Quick!  Abandon your car on the Beltway and run for it! 
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That's nice honey.

Attachment Attached File

I'm right there at the top of the white zone.

The end is nigh.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
"Bread & Milk" -THE ORIGINAL VIDEO- vicdibitetto.net
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The best part of all of this is that it's my 2 weeks off the boat but my opposite number wanted me to fill in for him Friday and Saturday. At the time it was no big deal, he still wants me to work but I'm guessing I'm going to get screwed and stuck on the boat since he probably won't be able to make it in Saturday. Yay me! Of course he will be stuck at home so no big deal.

If the opposite was the case I would have told him not to bother. There's no need to be out driving unnecessarily.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's nice honey.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/IMG-2612-120246.JPG

The end is nigh.
View Quote
That sucks.  

But did you miss the subtle sarcasm of my post?  A whole inch !! Of light snow to boot!  the kind you need a broom to get rid of instead of a shovel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
It's ok, I have faith in VA, schools will have 2 hour delays to closed and 95, 495, etc will be gridlocked and side streets will be ice slicks.  Especially if its supposed to be in the 30s this weekend.

Already a fleet of snowplows and salt trucks parked on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's nice honey.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/298946/IMG-2612-120246.JPG

The end is nigh.
View Quote

You're not too far from me, then.

Greenbrier/Kempsville here.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#7]
There will not be a significant snowfall.  Not tonight.  Not next week.  Not this winter.  We'll be lucky to see any in the next 5 years.

Why?  Because I bought this back in September.  You're welcome.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ward's Corner
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Not even what I would call a dusting in Sterling.  Hell not even much on my truck when I got up.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Last year Stafford schools closed because it was cold and rainy.  When I say cold, I mean 40F, not below freezing.

Last night all after-school activities were cancelled.  There wasn't enough snow to make the roads wet.

This school system is ridiculously lazy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I am going hunting tomorrow in Suffolk.

It may be the only time we get to hunt in the snow for 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#12]
up to 0030 last night all we had was some light freezing rain. Woke up around 0730 and was mostly getting sleet and wind. It's fully transitioned to snow now.

My work (for the first time in almost seven years) actually announced a closure beforehand! Usually I have to report in before they decide they're going to close.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Greenbrier here. Right by Chesapeake General.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There will not be a significant snowfall.  Not tonight.  Not next week.  Not this winter.  We'll be lucky to see any in the next 5 years.

Why?  Because I bought this back in September.  You're welcome.https://i.sli.mg/IhbJPf.jpg
View Quote

The sad thing is I really had to look at that thing to figure out what it was.  I have never used one nor do I hope ever to need to use one.  The good thing around here is it never lasts that long.  Mother nature brought it and she can take it with her.  I clean the cars and the area around the mail box.  Everything else will melt...lol
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Virginia Beach near the court houses.  Officially snowed in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Not much in Reston.  About 1" of powder.  Leafblower took care of it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't even bother trying to shovel, broom, or leafblower the snow away.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I went with a broom.  Not enough to bother uncoiling the extension cord to use the leaf blower.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#19]
9-10" in James City Co.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Second the leafblower,  faster then the broom.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Greenbrier here. Right by Chesapeake General.
View Quote

Howdy, neighbor!

About 4" of snow/sleet mix. And all this was on top of a layer of freezing rain that started all this last night. I didn't need to go out, so I didn't. I'll dust off the cars tomorrow.

In-laws had to drive all the way home from Long Island today (they live right around the corner). They said that they were in constant snow from Dover to the house. My mother-in-law posted a video clip from the passenger seat in MD that had me cringing. My father-in-law is already a maniac on the road, but I felt ill watching how fast he was driving in that shit. The road was a solid sheet of ice. Somehow he kept it pointed in the right direction, though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#22]
My mother in law is stuck down in Norfolk now.  Anyone have leads on reputable drivers to plow a driveway in Bayview/Oceanview area?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]
2 hour delay for Stafford schools this morning.

Apparently the roads were clear...too clear, it was clearly a trap laid by old man winter.

If it's clear, sunny, and 70F tomorrow, they'll be sure it's a trap and just close schools altogether.

These people are idiots.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm now to Virginia snow days.  VDOT came by and plowed the 1" of snow from my street and put down a massive amount of salt.  I was impressed.  

Also the City of Falls Church seems to do a better job plowing 1" than Arlington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top