Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 10:11:00 PM EDT
So, Did anyone else volunteer to work at the Inauguration ?

My wife is not very excited I did..
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! :D
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Screw that.

My office has authorized work from home so that's exactly what I am going to do.

Don't want to be anywhere near that shit show.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So, Did anyone else volunteer to work at the Inauguration ?

My wife is not very excited I did..
View Quote
I did...  That double-time OT would be nice.  We're so g-damned disorganized I don't think I'll hear anything anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I volunteered as a volunteer... NO OT here..

All my expenses are on me...

Takes me about 3.5 hours to get to DC proper... I8I North to 66 East..

Seemed like the right thing to do...

I'm guessing that not everyone get the email ?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the latest response

Good Afternoon,

As part of your volunteer application process, you are only required to submit only one volunteer application for U.S. Secret Service credentials. Our records indicate that you have submitted the required credential application and this is currently being processed.

If you have received additional requests from the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee regarding volunteer positions, please do not attempt to create a second USSS Credential Application as this is an error on our part and I apologize for any confusion that might create.

In the case of missing/incorrect USSS credential application information, the Ardian Group, the company contracted by the U.S. Secret Service to facilitate the process, will contact you directly via email or phone.

Thank you again for applying to volunteer and Happy New Year.

Deborah Cox-Roush
Assistant Director, Public Events - Volunteers
58th Presidential Inaugural Committee
[email protected]
813-434-5285
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I was a military aide driver in 1985 for Reagan's second inauguration, and it was a great experience.  A lot of hassles and long hours, but I'll remember that forever.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Takes me about 3.5 hours to get to DC proper.
View Quote
I only live twenty miles south of DC. I have no doubts it would take that same time to get into DC that day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
We were given off.  So I plan on staying away
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes...for those Fed workers/contractors/mil that work in DC, Fairfax Co., Arlington Co., Montgomery Co., & P.G. Co., it is a holiday. Woo Hoo!!!

So, while my brethren at DCA sit back, collect holiday pay, and whistle dixie doing nothing that day; we'll be busting our our asses over in Loudoun
at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes...for those Fed workers/contractors/mil that work in DC, Fairfax Co., Arlington Co., Montgomery Co., & P.G. Co., it is a holiday. Woo Hoo!!!

So, while my brethren at DCA sit back, collect holiday pay, and whistle dixie doing nothing that day; we'll be busting our our asses over in Loudoun
at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.

But the great news is that you'll still be at IAD vs DCA, Republic of MD, etc and that's a win all day long!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But the great news is that you'll still be at IAD vs DCA, Republic of MD, etc and that's a win all day long!
View Quote

DCA is in VA
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be working the parade route... Figured I should do it at least once. Get the inauguration badge and have a story to tell the grandchildren one day. lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#13]
TSA??

Quoted:

at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
TSA??
View Quote

No,

FAA...we're not happy until you're not happy!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.
View Quote

Depends on the department, not all the Fed get the day off.  The VA doesn't...telework authorized, but you still have to work.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, you have to work, but you'll be getting holiday pay (if you are in the immediate DC metro area).
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be marching in it!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

at IAD for regular pay.

So it goes.
View Quote

Which sucks cause I work in Loudoun too..oh well
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#19]
No.  I will be at Ft Pickett getting told I am fat, blind, and crazy.  PHA's with the NG.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No.  I will be at Ft Pickett getting told I am fat, blind, and crazy.  PHA's with the NG.
View Quote

Can i trade what i'll be doing that day with you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]
All went well.. I was stationed on 10th and constitution..... That's next to the US attorney generals office across from the Smithsonian natural history museum.

Only had one interesting moment in my zone was where a fellow from Dubai tested hot for radiation...

Turns out it was medical
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:03:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I was at Washington Ave SW and First St SW... and later 3rd and Constitution.

BORING
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#23]
4th and Madison for me, then at 3rd and Constitution
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top