Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2016 10:44:49 AM EDT
So the kids high school is in the state football championship this Saturday at Hampton University.

Thinking about making a weeked out of it.

Any hotel recommendations?

My son is stationed at Ft Eustis so we could stay in that area as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I was on a project team that visited JBLE (both bases) at least every quarter and we usually chose a midpoint location, but never really had a favorite hotel.  Maybe slight preference for the Air Force hotel on Eustis, but if you have partying kids, you really don't want to meet the MPs/SPs

The Marriott off of Progress Way, Newport News was most accommodating for our group.

Who are you pulling for?

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Westfields
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Closest to HU is the Crowne Plaza.  It's been though a few different hands in the last several years, so I'm not sure exactly what the accommodations are like vs. price, but it used to be a very hoity-toity kinda place.

Other than that, pretty much any of them near the Hampton Coliseum will be on par with each other, and be more or less just as easily accessible to the Interstate without anything noticably added traffic wise between HU and whatever hotel you choose (on surface streets).

Getting a hotel closer to Ft. Eustis is another story, it's a regular crap shoot between Jefferson Ave and Ft. Eustis Blvd on I-64 traffic wise, and then add in any tunnel back-ups at the HRBT that could bring the Woodland/Settler's Landing exit to halt... traveling early would be highly suggested to get where you want to go on time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top