Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2016 1:26:55 PM EDT
Living in an apartment makes it impossible to process your deer after the kill. Does anyone know a butcher in Fairfax county or near?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Linthicum Custom Slaughtering

https://goo.gl/maps/8qCn1KkWm1N2
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS^^^^^
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Mark Leigh, Mark’s Butcher Shop, 16721 Aunt Lonas Lane, Hamilton, VA 20158, 540-454-4470

Jason McIntosh, McIntosh Custom Deer Processing, 40767 Braddock Rd. Aldie, VA 20105,  571-437-8304
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

THIS^^^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS^^^^^

I have used them for several deer carcasses. I have always been satisfied.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mark Leigh, Mark’s Butcher Shop, 16721 Aunt Lonas Lane, Hamilton, VA 20158, 540-454-4470

Jason McIntosh, McIntosh Custom Deer Processing, 40767 Braddock Rd. Aldie, VA 20105,  571-437-8304
View Quote

That is who I use every year.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you generally paying at the aforementioned places to have a deer processed into muscle cuts and ground meat? No jerky or anything made on site, just skin it and break it down/grind before wrapping.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are you generally paying at the aforementioned places to have a deer processed into muscle cuts and ground meat? No jerky or anything made on site, just skin it and break it down/grind before wrapping.
View Quote

I pay about $90 a deer last season at Mark's Butcher Shop, but I usually get a portion of my deer as sausage, which is extra.  I think just the basic cut is around $75ish.  So far this year's deer was a donation, so I can't say current price but this gives you an idea.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I pay about $90 a deer last season at Mark's Butcher Shop, but I usually get a portion of my deer as sausage, which is extra.  I think just the basic cut is around $75ish.  So far this year's deer was a donation, so I can't say current price but this gives you an idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks much. Might make use of one of these outfits this year as I'm traveling to Albemarle from Alexandria to hunt now and there's very little light left in the day by the time I make it home to skin and butcher.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Mark hands down, no question.  Save yourself the trouble
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top