Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2016 1:25:55 PM EDT
Looking at getting a 700 but want to get it threaded. I know adco does good work, and I don't mind paying for it just don't want to bother with shipping it out there and what not
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the gunsmithing section on the EE, Morgan does excellent work from what I've seen and I plan on sending him 3 different bolt guns over the next few months to be threaded

He is supposed to have about a 2-3 day turn around time
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
W.A.R. Rifle in Manassas does good work.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Walt at W.A.R rifles or Jim at Spec Dive
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#4]
does anyone know pricing for W.A.R. Rifles or Spec Dive Tactical?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Or buy one that's already threaded.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does anyone know pricing for W.A.R. Rifles or Spec Dive Tactical?
View Quote

Depends on what you need threaded and how much work you want to do before hand. Friend had a dedicated .22lr barrel done at WAR and it was 125.00. I just had a 22/45 barrel chopped and threaded and sight set back for 120.00 with spec dive... Both of us removed everything we could to make it easier ( sights, receivers)
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Jim has ARF.com pricing at Spec Dive if I recall correctly.

-shooter
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I checked around, cheapest I could find around nova/winchester was $235!  And about 2 month wait.

This is the Guy you seek

Charged me $50, got mine back in 6 days.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I can do it same day or next day for $100. And I do have AR15 discount of 10%. You get it to me before 1100 during the week, you can pick up that evening. Please remember to let sales know you are AR15.com to get discount.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can do it same day or next day for $100. And I do have AR15 discount of 10%. You get it to me before 1100 during the week, you can pick up that evening. Please remember to let sales know you are AR15.com to get discount.
View Quote

Where are you located?
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
5710 General Washington Dr
Unit E
Alexandria, VA 22312
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Tagged ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I checked around, cheapest I could find around nova/winchester was $235!  And about 2 month wait.

This is the Guy you seek

View Quote

I've used him and he did a great job.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the Guy you seek

Morgan is a class act but sending out a single rifle vs going to spec dive is a difference of $10
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
5710 General Washington Dr
Unit E
Alexandria, VA 22312
View Quote

Good lord, why have I never heard of this place before???  What other services do you offer???
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
What can your imagination think up? 12 yrs of building and modifying AK platform. Custom Rem 700 builds that have confirmed kills. MP5 SD builds. Modified Penn Arms 37mm, 6 shot grenade launchers to be smoothbore, civi legal. Made an 8 lb cannon once.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

you might be seeing my holiday bonus Jim, how long can i leave a rifle at the shop before it becomes nuisance, i'm not talking like months but if i were to drop it off on a saturday and pick it up the next saturday would that be an issue?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

you might be seeing my holiday bonus Jim, how long can i leave a rifle at the shop before it becomes nuisance, i'm not talking like months but if i were to drop it off on a saturday and pick it up the next saturday would that be an issue?
View Quote

LOL - I left my Cerakote parts there for two months. I think you'd be fine.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in. I went to Specdive this morning, needed nfa engraving on three items, with 5 more coming in the next week or so. A fair amount of money I would assume. When I asked to speak with the gunsmith I was flat out refused... if I need something that requires a gunsmith that's who I'm going to talk to. Apparently specdive doesn't need the money, going to have to ship my items to someone for the engraving.

If you can deal with the asshat behind the counter Jim is a great gunsmith and an all around good guy, I really wish he was still @ blue ridge.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Dorang,

I will always talk to my customers, since you are all the ones that keep me working. I have let the front staff know that if a customer needs to talk with me, then i am available. Only time you may have to wait would be if i am on the machines. Please stop in this week and i will take care of you personally.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in. I went to Specdive this morning, needed nfa engraving on three items, with 5 more coming in the next week or so. A fair amount of money I would assume. When I asked to speak with the gunsmith I was flat out refused... if I need something that requires a gunsmith that's who I'm going to talk to. Apparently specdive doesn't need the money, going to have to ship my items to someone for the engraving.

If you can deal with the asshat behind the counter Jim is a great gunsmith and an all around good guy, I really wish he was still @ blue ridge.
View Quote

Sucks you had a bad experience with the counter staff, but Jim is going to step up and take care of you.

I highly recommend Jim, he's done work on one of my rifles and my experience with his work and his communication was top notch.  

Frankly, the staff behind the counter at Blue Ridge weren't real helpful in my experiences either when Jim was based there.  It's good to have a quality gunsmith in the area.  I think having to deal with the hit or miss service from the counter staff is a necessary evil.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sucks you had a bad experience with the counter staff, but Jim is going to step up and take care of you.

I highly recommend Jim, he's done work on one of my rifles and my experience with his work and his communication was top notch.  

Frankly, the staff behind the counter at Blue Ridge weren't real helpful in my experiences either when Jim was based there.  It's good to have a quality gunsmith in the area.  I think having to deal with the hit or miss service from the counter staff is a necessary evil.
View Quote

Oh I agree completely with the fact that Jim is an outstanding individual and gunsmith. I also agree with your statement about the counter staff at blue ridge, the difference is at blue ridge I could just walk back and knock on his door. The issue with specdive is I have a douchenozzle at the counter telling me there is absolutely no way I can speak to his gunsmith.... Unfortunately all I can do is take my money elsewhere (and tell everyone I meet to avoid specdive).
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Oh I agree completely with the fact that Jim is an outstanding individual and gunsmith. I also agree with your statement about the counter staff at blue ridge, the difference is at blue ridge I could just walk back and knock on his door. The issue with specdive is I have a douchenozzle at the counter telling me there is absolutely no way I can speak to his gunsmith.... Unfortunately all I can do is take my money elsewhere (and tell everyone I meet to avoid specdive).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you haven't reached out to Jim, suggest that you make him aware if the counter help and see if we can give the secret Arfcom password or email him directly.   I emailed him to know what his days/hours were and let the counter help at BR know that Jim was expecting me.

Haven't been to new place do cannot comment on the counter help directly.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I bet I know the guy you're talking about.  Kinda dickish younger guy with a beard.  Told me flat out twice I couldn't speak with Jim AFTER Jim texted me and told me to swing by, he'd be in the back.  I had to tell him both times "Look, Jim's expecting me - I just spoke to him, please go get him".

Not sure why he's like that, but as I said when I got forceful and said "Go get Jim", he did.  Maybe they have a lot of guys who just want to ask random questions and they want to let Jim focus on his work, but I'm sure they've missed out on a sales opportunity because of him.

At any rate, I go there because I wouldn't let anyone but Jim mess with my stuff, but that's just me.  Everyone else I've encountered there has been overly nice, actually.  That one kid just needs a bit of personality and some customer service skills and they'd be golden.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy was not there today when i stopped in, the owner of SpecDive promptly asked me what he could do for me when i walked in the door and i said i would like to speak to Jim, he stated Jim was doing some work for a customer but would be out when he was done, within 10 mins i was speaking to Jim and had a great conversation, thanks again Jim for the wealth of knowledge you brought to the conversation and helping me make some decisions like if i wanted to spend all my money now or space it out - i'll see you on tuesday with 3 rifles lol.  Jim is a class act and i would have no qualms telling people to go see him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top