Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2016 7:42:40 AM EDT

The Democrats rolled over way to easy...

Are we going to have some electoral college monkey business ?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Preventing monkey business is exactly why the electoral college exists.  I am seeing lots of calls to end it.  

I personally feel that a change is needed but it won't happen.  I would like to see an end to winner takes all states.  Electors should be decided based on the congressional district, not the state.  Give the electors based on the vote and award the overall state majority winner the other 2 as a bonus.  

In the end it is up to the will of each state to determine how their electors are awarded.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Defending The Electoral College

"The electoral vote system, like the Constitution it serves, was not devised by, and should not be revised by, simple-minded majoritarians."
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you think the democrats are going to try their luck with faithless electors, offer to collect money to pay their fines, etc. Or what if Hillary bribes them? She gave up easily....

They would need a bunch of faithless electors, but it does not seem impossible...
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be VERY nervous if such a thing happened.

The country will start to come apart at the seams.

The USA is NOT a democracy.

It IS a REPUBLIC.  And as Benjamin Franklin replied "If you can keep it."

The founders rightly feared a simple democracy even way back then.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Today isn't like it was during the founding. The transition is getting set up to take place, and it will go forward as it's supposed to.
View Quote

Many of the exact same considerations of that time are still very much in play.

Large urban populations would have ALL the power in electing the government.

We are a REPUBLIC.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep the electoral college but do away with "winner take all". Award votes based on Congressional districts. The candidate with the most votes state wide gets the 2 "senate" votes.

That said, this is a state issue, not something for the Federal Government to dictate.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:22:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I think they realize they cheated and still lost. That's why they gave up so easily.  Next time they will cheat harder.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they realize they cheated and still lost. That's why they gave up so easily.  Next time they will cheat harder.
View Quote

What about the reports of bullying and threats to electoral college members to change their votes?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Two relevant anecdotes:
1) My next door neighbors are wildly left libs.  Before the election, they constantly had people over for planning (ground game, etc).   All of the cars had the expected bumper stickers.  The last couple of days, they've been having meetings again.

2) I was in a local grocery store on Saturday where there is a food bar with an eating area.  There was a group of 7-8 women all decked out with Hillary buttons along with a new one, "Fight like Hill!".  

The opposition is digging in and still organizing for something.  I think it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Edit for spelling.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree that Hillary rolled over too easily and, as likely as it isn't going to happen, have a nagging feeling that someone is going to pull a fast one.  I know, I know...tinfoil hat stuff, but after watching the gov't fuck us for the past 7 years, nothing would surprise me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Between the threats to the electors to try to get them and switch votes and the shenanigans the left (sponsored by Soros) has planned for the Inauguration, I predict things will get.....sporty.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I was not sure how or where it would manifest itself, I knew they would try something.

Evil Empires do not die easy...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5225838972001/?#sp=show-clips
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top