Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2016 3:24:51 AM EDT
TV news reported that the NY bomber visited his brother in Virginia a few months ago, and "legally" bought a pistol from Trader Jerry's in Salem. Apparently, the bomber's brother is a legal resident of Virginia, and he bought the gun for the bomber.
It didn't take long for ATF to do the trace.... and release the information to the press.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
TV news reported that the NY bomber visited his brother in Virginia a few months ago, and "legally" bought a pistol from Trader Jerry's in Salem. Apparently, the bomber's brother is a legal resident of Virginia, and he bought the gun for the bomber.
It didn't take long for ATF to do the trace.... and release the information to the press.
View Quote

There is a Roanoke Time article about this.  I just posted it in GD.  They rented a Patterson Avenue house.  It said that he bought the gun in Salem, but didn't say where.  Figured it was Trader Jerry's.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
WDBJ7 is reporting it was Trader Jerry's.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
The media better get their stories straight because the article I just read said that the terrorist bought the gun with a "valid VA ID" and passed background check. If the so-called brother or whoever made the legal purchase and then illegally gave the gun to the terrorist, the media better clarify.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The media better get their stories straight because the article I just read said that the terrorist bought the gun with a "valid VA ID" and passed background check. If the so-called brother or whoever made the legal purchase and then illegally gave the gun to the terrorist, the media better clarify.
View Quote

WAVY 10 just reported this as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#5]
So what news channel/media outlet is reporting that it was the brother who made the purchase?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what news channel/media outlet is reporting that it was the brother who made the purchase?
View Quote

I think it was CNN. Wife watches that a lot. Very short news report, showing picture of Trader Jerry's shop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
The Washington Compost says that the bomber had a valid VA ID when he purchased the gun on July 7th.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is a Roanoke Time article about this.  I just posted it in GD.  They rented a Patterson Avenue house.  It said that he bought the gun in Salem, but didn't say where.  Figured it was Trader Jerry's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could I get a link to the GD thread?

Thanks,

-Warren-

EDIT:  My Google-Fu is slow, but steady.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1911904_.html

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WDBJ7 is reporting it was Trader Jerry's.
View Quote

Do you know if it was a storefront purchase, or a gun show purchase in another city?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw that as well
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Driver's is not all that hard to get.

A lease with your name and a valid out of state (it will be collected) are really about all ii often takes.

They may or may not require some other proof of identification based on the Federal 'real ID ' act.

It may depend on if the out of state license complies under 'real ID.'

Va DMV is a strange world sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#12]
The Virginia driver's license must be at least 30 days old to use it as ID to buy a gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I missed something?

I read the gun was bought legally from a licensed dealer by a person legally able to buy the gun. Or am I missing something here?

So what does it really matter what dealer they bought it from?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The Virginia driver's license must be at least 30 days old to use it as ID to buy a gun.
View Quote

WAVY 10 said he had a DMV  "ID"(not a DL) and a Va. Fishing License.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Sell enough guns some will end up in crimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top