Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2016 2:43:21 PM EDT
What is felony posession in VA?  Our guv was likely sitting at a table with it. IIRC drugs packaged for sale is possesion w/ intent and that is a felony.  That little can next to guv's arm is Willie Nelson's branded weed(not for sale in VA).

Looking kinda red-faced there Terry, hmm.  Would like to give him a drug test today.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
By GRAHAM MOOMAW Richmond Times-Dispatch  

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_aceb35d0-ab62-5495-bf47-328b91ce67d7.html

Gov. Terry McAuliffe is proud to talk about sealing business deals over craft beer. Over the weekend, McAuliffe huddled with an important visitor over a different type of recreational substance.

While meeting with country music legend Willie Nelson at a concert in Bristow, McAuliffe was photographed with a can of Willie’s Reserve, Nelson’s brand of marijuana that’s sold in Colorado and Washington but is unmistakably illegal in Virginia. Willie Nelson’s wife, Annie Nelson, posted the photo on Twitter on Saturday night with the message “UH-OH Trouble!”

McAuliffe spokesman Brian Coy said the governor stopped by Nelson’s bus while thanking several performers at Farm Aid 2016, an annual festival meant to benefit family farmers. Coy said McAuliffe, who opposes marijuana legalization, visited Nelson for 10 minutes or less and “had no idea” what else was on the bus.

“He was not and still is not aware of whatever was on the table or anywhere around him and wouldn’t know marijuana or related paraphernalia if it walked up and shook his hand,” Coy said. “He’s cool, but he’s not that cool.”

Annie Nelson, who directed her original tweet at McAuliffe and CNN commentator Paul Begala, said in a follow-up message: “One of them did not imbibe-guess which one!!!”

Coy said McAuliffe has “never touched a drug in his life.”

Nelson’s publicist, Elaine Schock, said she could not comment Monday because Nelson was traveling and unreachable.

Virginia is in the process of adopting regulations to allow limited production of cannabis oils for medical use by people who suffer from seizure disorders, but the state has not embraced recreational or medical marijuana. Broader legalization or decriminalization bills routinely die in the General Assembly.

In 2015, there were 20,881 marijuana-related arrests in Virginia, according to the Virginia State Police annual crime report, making up 59.6 percent of the state’s total drug arrests. A study released last year by the pro-decriminalization Drug Policy Alliance found significant racial disparities in marijuana arrests, with African-Americans arrested at three times the rate of whites despite similar rates of marijuana use.

Though Virginia has seen no major legalization push, McAuliffe has indicated in the past that he does not see minor marijuana possession as a disqualifier from public service. Last year, McAuliffe stuck up for former Roanoke City Councilman Court Rosen, who was facing a possession charge, according to the Roanoke Times. McAuliffe had appointed Rosen to the state’s Commonwealth Transportation Board, and the governor said he would not remove him over the marijuana charge.

Still, the high-energy governor is on record saying he’s never gotten high.

“Never touched a drug in my life, never smoked pot,” McAuliffe said in a 2011 interview with online news site Lorton Patch. “Can you imagine me on drugs? I’d be jumping off skyscrapers!”

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

“Never touched a drug in my life, never smoked pot,” McAuliffe said in a 2011 interview with online news site Lorton Patch. “Can you imagine me on drugs? I’d be jumping off skyscrapers!”

View Quote

There is always hope.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Our governor clearly knows nothing about how pot impacts your energy level - making me believe him.

-shooter
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is always hope.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is always hope.

Terry, hope you can use this information:
The tallest building in Virginia is the Westin Virginia Beach Town Center in Virginia Beach, which contains 38 floors and is 508 ft (155 m) tall. The second-tallest building in the state is the James Monroe Building in Richmond, which contains 29 floors and is 449 ft (137 m) tall.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just me or is Willie flippin' the bird with his left hand?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is it just me or is Willie flippin' the bird with his left hand?
View Quote
Flashing a gang sign, I think.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Willy also claims to have gotten stoned on the WH roof when Carter was in office.  He's a weird guy and seemingly inconsistent in principle, but he's been punking politicians for a while.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I just can't find it in myself to bash someone for something I don't entirely disapprove of.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I always heard that his herb was top shelf...
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I just can't find it in myself to bash someone for something I don't entirely disapprove of.
View Quote
If you don't disapprove you should bash MORE.  Guv is a hypocrate to preside over police that charge people for the same crime he witnessed and took a photop with.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you don't disapprove you should bash MORE.  Guv is a hypocrate to preside over police that charge people for the same crime he witnessed and took a photop with.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not going to do that.  Governors don't make laws.  If he had vetoed a law that would have legalized it, sure, but I don't think that's the case (not entirely sure, though).

Mostly, though, I refuse to bash anyone for taking an opportunity to sit down for a chat and photo with Willie Nelson.  McAweful may suck as a governor, but he's human like all the rest of us, and that seems like it would be a lot of fun.  When we start setting standards for other people higher than those we set for ourselves, who is the hypocrite?  I sure as fuck would sit down for a conversation and a photo with Willie.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
He may not have made the law,  but it's his job,  as the head of the executive branch,  to see it enforced.   His state police/capitol police body guards have the same duty as leos   So yeah,  he's being  typical Clintonesque hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#13]
As imperfect as we are, I hold mankind higher than I do Terry.  I met him, he came into my office one day, we talked and I realized he's nothing more than a tool, very weak, but staunchly backed by power ( Hell Clinton and Trump made it a point to have him our governor).  Now is not the time to get sympathetic with ANY of our politicians.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As imperfect as we are, I hold mankind higher than I do Terry.  I met him, he came into my office one day, we talked and I realized he's nothing more than a tool, very weak, but staunchly backed by power ( Hell Clinton and Trump made it a point to have him our governor).  Now is not the time to get sympathetic with ANY of our politicians.
View Quote

There are 15 million points of substance to attack him on.  This is the equivalent of raging about a gun-grabber calling a magazine a clip.  Going on and on about trivial shit just makes it look like that's all you've got for an argument.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are 15 million points of substance to attack him on.  This is the equivalent of raging about a gun-grabber calling a magazine a clip.  Going on and on about trivial shit just makes it look like that's all you've got for an argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude it was funny........have a beer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top