Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2016 1:01:02 PM EDT
I live in the northernmost part of NOVA (I am actually north of the northernmost point of DC), where the longest publicly-accessible range within 2 hours one-way driving distance is 400 yards (340 Defense).

I am looking for information on longer distance ranges (ideally 1,000 yards, publicly accessible) in North Carolina, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Any leads are appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just going on memory so this info might need to be verified or corrected.

Peacemaker in WV is 1k yds

Academi in NC is at least 1k yds

C2 in SEVA is 300yds

Quantico is at least 500 yds

Not sure I'd call Academi or Quantico public.  Q access is by membership, and Academi access is by rental of the range- either for training or, in my experience, gun club competitions.  I heard that in the past Academi would rent ranges to private parties for recreational shooting but that was back in the Blackwater days.

Peacemaker might not be public either, can't view website now to check...

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#2]
VIR (Virginia International Raceway) has a 1k range.  I keep hoping to go check the facility out but it may be the 3Gun Championship before I make it there.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
1x800 and 1x1200 at Academi. You should inquire with sales about the rental and features unique to each range.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The 600 and 1k range at peacemaker is only open on certain days and requires you to qualify and show you know how to use a ballistics calculator. Also no 50 cal. Just an FYI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top