Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2016 12:37:49 PM EDT
Anyone take their full auto's and shoot at Elite yet?  I know they allow it after some sort of checking to make sure you are safe with it.

Do they have to check each FA gun you take there?  Are you allowed to shoot in the regular lanes during normal times?

I'm heading there tomorrow for just pistols so I can ask if nobody here knows for sure.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe once you demonstrate you can control your MG you're GTG. From my understanding they prefer you use the MG when it's slower.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am quite interested in the answer to this question, since I just learned last week that the NRA range doesn't allow full auto.  
View Quote

Before or after you flipped the switch?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am quite interested in the answer to this question, since I just learned last week that the NRA range doesn't allow full auto.  
View Quote

They do for employees.  Possibly for close "friends" as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe once you demonstrate you can control your MG you're GTG. From my understanding they prefer you use the MG when it's slower.
View Quote

Well I'm off the next two weeks so I'll take a few trips to ESS and let everyone know how it goes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well I'm off the next two weeks so I'll take a few trips to ESS and let everyone know how it goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you uhh... Need help evaluating... Let me know.. ??

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Still a bit unclear on some specifics, but the guy I talked to said they walk you down to 5 yards from the berm and you shoot at paper, then they walk you back 5 yards at a time making sure you aren't blasting the ceiling, floor etc.  Once you are ok I guess you can shoot... (unclear if you can shoot anytime or when you specifically schedule it.)

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#9]
USUALLLY you have to call ahead to let them know you're bringing machine guns (after you qualify). you have to qualify on each platform (so mac10, your mp5, your m4/m16, etc). However, if they're not busy, sometimes they'll let you just roll on in with a full auto and go for it. I've never had an issue at all scheduling full auto, they just want to put you a lane or two extra away from the others. No issues ever. Great folks, clean range, and bi metal good to go. What's not to like?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top