Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2016 12:33:53 PM EDT
Seriously? I now have to buy a $20 replacement if I want official verification of my new address? Total BS!

Has anyone had to deal with this yet, specifically when buying a gun?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes and it's totally silly as shit.

I was told they don't print the change of address cards anymore to save paper.

Now, the last time I got one of those, it was on a car registration sized sheet.

I went by DMZ and changed my address and ordered a new license (since the offices no longer make them, they come out of some central place).

I got 3 sheets of letter sized paper to confirm the change.

Words fail me.

Since it sounded like you were SOL without a new license when it came to buying a gun, I went ahead and spent the whatever to get a new one with my updated address. I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to argue/debate/complain about the process and how the state gov is screwing up.

TR
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now, the last time I got one of those, it was on a car registration sized sheet.

I went by DMZ and changed my address and ordered a new license (since the offices no longer make them, they come out of some central place).

Words fail me.

Since it sounded like you were SOL without a new license when it came to buying a gun, I went ahead and spent the whatever to get a new one with my updated address. I was on my lunch break and didn't have time to argue/debate/complain about the process and how the state gov is screwing up.

TR
View Quote

I had to fly the next week, and paper copy with no picture would not cut it.  I ended up using a passport.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had to fly the next week, and paper copy with no picture would not cut it.  I ended up using a passport.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Words fail me.

TR

? TSA doesn't give a shit about what address you have. Did you lose your license and had the temp paperwork?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
? TSA doesn't give a shit about what address you have. Did you lose your license and had the temp paperwork?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Words fail me.

TR

License expired and didn’t want to explain to TSA about an expired license picture license and a 8x10 low quality print of a temp license I got from the DMV.  Easier to use the passport, less concorned about address vs them checking off boxes.

Eta: "New" picture license was in the mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top