Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2016 11:15:59 AM EDT
Was going to see Suicide Squad at this theater a few days ago.  Bought a ticket and got in line to enter the theater.  I then noticed the staff refusing entry to a LEO with a concealed duty pistol.  Apparently they wanted to inspect the sling bag he had.  Staff told the LEO there were no exceptions for CCW and or LEO.  Staff suggested the LEO leave the gun in his car outside.  LEO refused and got out of line to get a refund and left.  The attitude of the staff at the theater was irritating and smug.  I quickly followed suit. It's a great theater but they obviously don't want my business.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I was there last weekend with my fiancee. They searched her bag but, did not give me a second look. concealed in concealed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Was going to see Suicide Squad at this theater a few days ago.  Bought a ticket and got in line to enter the theater.  I then noticed the staff refusing entry to a LEO with a concealed duty pistol.  Apparently they wanted to inspect the sling bag he had.  Staff told the LEO there were no exceptions for CCW and or LEO.  Staff suggested the LEO leave the gun in his car outside.  LEO refused and got out of line to get a refund and left.  The attitude of the staff at the theater was irritating and smug.  I quickly followed suit. It's a great theater but they obviously don't want my business.

View Quote

No CCW is dumb.
No exceptions for LEO is even dumber.

They actually think that a bunch of guns "secured" in cars is safer for them? They are a special kind of dumb.

-shooter
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a sling bag?

It sounds like a purse.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is a sling bag?
It sounds like a purse.
View Quote
My buddy who is a deputy here carries one. It's basically a small murse that doesn't hang away from your body. To me, it screams I have a gun, but to each his own.

Stock photo from Pinterest:

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My buddy who is a deputy here carries one. It's basically a small murse that doesn't hang away from your body. To me, it screams I have a gun, but to each his own.Stock photo from Pinterest:
   <a href="http://s14.photobucket.com/user/k2enemy84/media/Guns%20and%20such/4BE270AD-AA3B-44D0-8254-C2E1BAEF96E8_zpslpgh8eda.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/k2enemy84/Guns%20and%20such/4BE270AD-AA3B-44D0-8254-C2E1BAEF96E8_zpslpgh8eda.jpg</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is a sling bag?

It sounds like a purse.
My buddy who is a deputy here carries one. It's basically a small murse that doesn't hang away from your body. To me, it screams I have a gun, but to each his own.Stock photo from Pinterest:
   <a href="http://s14.photobucket.com/user/k2enemy84/media/Guns%20and%20such/4BE270AD-AA3B-44D0-8254-C2E1BAEF96E8_zpslpgh8eda.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/k2enemy84/Guns%20and%20such/4BE270AD-AA3B-44D0-8254-C2E1BAEF96E8_zpslpgh8eda.jpg</a>

Yes it does, same as wearing a fishing vest out in town.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No CCW is dumb.

They actually think that a bunch of guns "secured" in cars is safer for them? They are a special kind of dumb.

-shooter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No CCW is dumb.

-shooter

yes they are a special kind of dumb but it comes with the new darker blue Virginia ...

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yes they are a special kind of dumb but it comes with the new darker blue Virginia ...

View Quote

Sad but true.  The Old Dominion is quickly becoming the southernmost Northern state instead of being the top of the south.  The liberal invasion has truly gained a strong foothold on our state.

Back to the topic at hand... concealed is concealed.  Do not advertise.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
OP - It's not a great theater then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I carried at that theater. 4 o'clock IWB under a loose t-shirt. No problem.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
that was a friend of mine and his wife where they did a random searched her bag and refused to let them in with the firearm even if they were leo's and receive the refund for the tickets.
but that all the movie theaters in Fredericksburg since 9/11 no firearms and no bags/backpacks allowed

Orinally Posted By steel_weasel:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
that was a friend of mine and his wife where they did a random searched her bag and refused to let them in with the firearm even if they were leo's and receive the refund for the tickets.
but that all the movie theaters in Fredericksburg since 9/11 no firearms and no bags/backpacks allowed

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your post was fairly difficult to understand with that grammar and punctuation.  But if I can make out correctly, you're saying no firearms are allowed in any movie theaters there since 9/11?  What in holy hell does 9/11 have to do with firearms?  That makes absolutely no sense - and as Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true".
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
firearms and bags have been banned from all the  movie theaters in Fredericksburg  since 9-11-2001

Quoted:

Your post was fairly difficult to understand with that grammar and punctuation.  But if I can make out correctly, you're saying no firearms are allowed in any movie theaters there since 9/11?  What in holy hell does 9/11 have to do with firearms?  That makes absolutely no sense - and as Judge Judy says "If it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
firearms and bags have been banned from all the  movie theaters in Fredericksburg  since 9-11-2001

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I fail to see how 9/11 is a catalyst for gun control, but maybe that's just me.  That's certainly not the case at the AMC theater in Potomac Mills. They don't give your bag a second thought.  Been that way forever, and was still the case on Sunday when I saw Suicide Squad.  But I don't carry my gun in a bag either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:43:27 AM EDT
[#14]
as to the reason that the movie theaters placed a gun free zone and no bags after 9/11 was their choice just like any business can turn their establishment into a gun free zone. I used to carry at the movies all the time but after 9/11 they no longer allowed it so this is not a new policy.  

Quoted:

I fail to see how 9/11 is a catalyst for gun control, but maybe that's just me.  That's certainly not the case at the AMC theater in Potomac Mills. They don't give your bag a second thought.  Been that way forever, and was still the case on Sunday when I saw Suicide Squad.  But I don't carry my gun in a bag either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top