BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Heres a question for you gents:

I have been toying with the idea of getting a fifth wheel to pull behind my F-150 (2015 5.0 V8 w/ tow setup, Crew Cab 4x4)

Does anyone know of a decent RV/Trailer Park where I could park it to live in the NOVA area?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
There are enough Walmarts around you could move to a different neighborhood every week....A campground with hook-ups will cost $40.00-60.00 a night.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are enough Walmarts around you could move to a different neighborhood every week....A campground with hook-ups will cost $40.00-60.00 a night.
View Quote

Thats expensive.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have been toying with the idea of getting a fifth wheel to pull behind my F-150 (2015 5.0 V8 w/ tow setup, Crew Cab 4x4)

Does anyone know of a decent RV/Trailer Park where I could park it to live in the NOVA area?
View Quote

Probably closest is Ft Royal or Winchester, which is outside of NOVA.  Not aware of anything close.

What's your price range for a campground or lot?  Are you willing to do an hour plus commute or can you work off hours?

Here is a example listing for a bedroom in a house for $650:http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/roo/5769484051.html
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Google Fairfax County Parks.  There are several campgrounds, but most aren't open over the winter.  

Best place to camp is not in NOVA but MD: Greenbelt National Park.  Run by the US Park Service, less than $20 a night, and walking distance (long walk) to a Metro station.   I think you have to leave after 2 weeks.  

I have also read that the Union Station parking ramp takes RVs.  You aren't supposed to camp overnight but people do.

There are other camp grounds on the MD side.  One is in College Park where I-95 hits the Beltway, but it's over $50/night.  

The best frugal living option might not be an RV but living on a house boat or sail boat docked at one of the residential marinas in DC.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many of the NOVA Walmarts ban overnight camping.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would not camp at a Walmart. Or in Maryland/DC. I have an AR and several other firearms that are not legal there. And even if they were, I wouldn't fucking register them, so Im out of those places. NOVA or bust.

I would do campgrounds, even ones that don't allow over a month of stay because I could change from month to month easily, all I would have to do is unlock, hookup, and roll.

Maybe its not the best way. But I know I need to find something affordable, and preferably dog friendly and someplace I can put a workbench and some tools - Though I may have to get a storage unit, as I also have a couch, love seat, and futon, and any place I sublease or have roommates, they will likely already have furniture.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Tagging for answers due to a similar boat (job in merrifield).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top