Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2016 9:22:53 AM EDT
Been to The Old Dominion many a time-a great Commonwealth. Thought I'd pass this along:

“I want to thank the Danville City Council for taking down a tiny 3 by 5 flag,” said Virginia Flaggers head Susan Hathaway, after a bagpiper led a procession of re-enactors bearing the colors of the Confederacy.
View Quote

It just got replaced with a 30' x 50' flag on a 119 foot flagpole:

Virginia Flaggers Raise Largest Flag Yet

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bravo. But the fact that the vote succeeded in the first place, in Danville...it's only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bravo. But the fact that the vote succeeded in the first place, in Danville...it's only a matter of time.
View Quote

Yup the cancer is spreading. A guy has a large Navy Jack flag and a civil war era VA state flag on tall poles in his back yard right at the 64/295 interchange if you are heading east on 64 you can see it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Danville city is pretty much a majority of democrats.  The surrounding county is very republican.  It doesn't surprise me that the flag ban passed, as there are a few spineless members of city council down there who were worried people's feelings might get hurt when they see the flag flying at the Sutherlin Mansion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Born and raised in the Midwest, but I've been calling Virginia my home for over two decades.

I don't even have the heritage aspect to be mad about, but it still angers me to see the hatred of history displayed by the left.

Again, I'm not a Virginian by birth, but even I can see the symbol of independence, culture and history.

I'm honestly astounded by the last five years and the push to ban the Confederate Flag. To me, that's like Wisconsin being offended by being known for cheese, or Utah offended by people think they're only there for skiing.

Good for these guys.

I don't fly it, but I hate people that want it gone.

The entire war was in line with American values, regardless of the outcome. Self governance.

Everyone knows the south lost; sadly, I fear most people think it was a war over slavery. It never was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top