Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 7:41:47 AM EDT
Anyone around the SWVA area know of a good company to go with?  
I'm thinking about Carolina Carports (dealer in town, saw a display and it looked good).  We do get a couple feet of snow sometimes...wet stuff...so it needs to be fairly sturdy (12ga upgrade w/ braces)

Ideally, I have my truck, and a 18' equipment trailer I'd like to park under it.  But  I would need something around 20-22' wide for that.  Prices were around $2k +.  
OR
I could probably squeeze in two of the standard $695 units side-by-side (but I wouldn't trust those with a snow load (uncertified))
OR
I'm thinking about just one 12' wide unit for my truck now...and adding another one later on for my trailer (probably what I'll do).  

Budget?  I'd like to stay as close to $1k as I can.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I cant recommend anyone, but I have been looking at Alan's Factory Outlet for a building I am planning. He is in Luray.

Let us know what you go with in the end, and how happy you are with them once done.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Call Tommy at Southwest Camper Sales. 276-395-5742
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm talking to my dad now, and he's thinking about going in with me and getting a larger one to put in front of our 2-bay garage.  24-26' wide, standard 21' length.  We'll see...

I did a build and price on Allan's, and they are within $100 of Carolina.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top