Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 7:46:56 PM EDT
I don't get it. It seems he is now in league with the same type of GOPe weasels that shunned him in the Virginia Governor's race.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
He should go sit in the corner like any other 2 year old throwing a hissy fit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never Trump? So Hillary?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I use to have respect but obviously there's no loyalty amoung  the group. That's why Hillary will win. Ken keep your mouth closed unless your supporting him. I guess you forgot you work for us.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't get it. It seems he is now in league with the same type of GOPe weasels that shunned him in the Virginia Governor's race.

View Quote

He's as embarrassing as the Alaskan delegation throwing a hissy fit a few minutes ago over the mic at the RNC convention.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never Trump? So Hillary?
View Quote

Gary Johnson! #Nevertrump!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never Trump? So Hillary?

Yes, split the conservative vote so Hillary wins by a land slide.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never Trump? So Hillary?

Trump is perfectly capable of throwing the election to Clinton all by himself.  It's already going to be a landslide win for Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't get it. It seems he is now in league with the same type of GOPe
weasels that shunned him in the Virginia Governor's race.

View Quote

Yeah, fuck him.

Quoted:

Trump
is perfectly capable of throwing the election to Clinton all by
himself.  It's already going to be a landslide win for Hillary.
View Quote

What data do you base that assumption off of? The data that said Trump would be nothing more than a faint memory come October 2015, the data that said he would never get 1,237 delegates, or the  

"ROMNEY BY A LANDSLIDE!" data?

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, fuck him.

What data do you base that assumption off of? The data that said Trump would be nothing more than a faint memory come October 2015, the data that said he would never get 1,237 delegates, or the  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, fuck him.

Quoted:

Trump is perfectly capable of throwing the election to Clinton all by himself.  It's already going to be a landslide win for Hillary.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo#plus
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was thinking the same thing as I watched the Convention coverage last night

ETA- While they are both "Establishment Republican" outsiders, I suppose they are on opposite ends of that spectrum.

I don't know
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

ETA- While they are both "Establishment Republican" outsiders, I suppose they are on opposite ends of that spectrum.

I don't know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know

About the only thing I can figure is that he's trying to get into the "big club" which is the VGOPe that has to this point eluded him.

Trying for a US Senate run in 2018 maybe?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
About the only thing I can figure is that he's trying to get into the "big club" which is the VGOPe that has to this point eluded him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know

Whatever it is he needs to be challenged in the primary.   Can't allow people like him in office any more.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Whatever it is he needs to be challenged in the primary.   Can't allow people like him in office any more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know

Constitutional Conservatives?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know

to bad for him then !!! we all know on a national level va is a blue state ...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I say good for him. American democracy is supposed to be a "spirited and animated contest", to paraphrase Patrick Hnery, not some boring coronation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

Trump Republicans.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, fuck him.

Quoted:

lol. Nate Silver has been incredibly wrong throughout the primaries.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/04/7-times-nate-silver-was-hilariously-wrong-about-donald-trump/

This guy on the other hand has a much longer track record and his model accurately predicted all but one of the elections since 1912.

http://fortune.com/2016/02/26/stony-brook-professor-trump/

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Bottom line is this:  Hillary = a Democrat majority for the rest of the century.  She will grant amnesty to the illegals within days of being sworn into office.  They will essentially guarantee a 50+% Democrat vote and turn the entire country into California.  Ryan has funded every Obama open borders initiative so far, so he is no bulwark against her either.

If Trump wins, he may not be perfect, but if the house is on fire, you don't complain about the tile in the bathroom or the hedges.  You put the fire out.  Period.

Never Trump is childish and would result in a catastrophe.  

In my opinion, of course...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Ken who ???
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ken who ???
View Quote
You serious?

Eta: in case you are, here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_gubernatorial_election,_2013
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I say good for him. American democracy is supposed to be a "spirited and animated contest", to paraphrase Patrick Hnery, not some boring coronation.
View Quote

I never was a huge fan of his to begin (I preferred Bill Bolling) with but I had enough common sense to get to the polls and vote for him over Mc Awful. That is how it is supposed to work. I guess he did not get the memo.

To add insult to injury he was pining away for Cruz who came in a very distant third in our state with a bit less than 17% of the votes.....WTF was up with that?

"Spirited and animated" as he may be to you he is now he is basically asking Virginians to toss away their common sense.....To what end I have absolutely no idea.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You serious?  

Eta: in case you are, here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_gubernatorial_election,_2013
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ken who ???
You serious?  

I think you missed my point....

I highly doubt he will have much of a political relevance again.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I think some of the true conservatives (e.g. Cruz and Cuccinelli) simply look at Trump as a populist demagogue  (like Obama) and a non-conservative who won't win. Put that together and they are looking for their positions come 2020, after a Trump debacle. Then they can say, "I told you so." This isn't necessarily all completely self-serving. If there IS a Hillary landslide, someone has to put the GOP pieces back together, and Republicans (Cantor) have been punished for fraternizing with the center.

FWIW, I wish they had all shown up and backed Trump, but they didn't ask me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#24]
It is ironic that Cuccinelli is unwilling to jump on Trump train (at least so far) seeing as he lost Gov race due to sulky Republicans not supporting him.

I was for Rand Paul and Ted Cruz was my fall back when primaries started but Cruz's idiotic threats to shoot down Russian jet's in Syria turned me off - Trump was only one other then Paul who seemed to be against war with Assad and Putin.  Bottom line was that Trump impressed me as a much better alpha male leader then Cruz.  Cruz seems better suited for TV televanglism. Trump also took very pro-gun stances - far more so then any other Republican Presidential candidate in my lifetime.

Anyone who wastes a vote on whatshisname the Libertarian is a fool - they can't win and the VP candidate Weld has a very weak record on gun rights in elective office.  Hillary is crooked and will appoint anti-gun judges - there is no choice other than Trump.

Main issue in the election is nationalism vs globalism.  Trump is for nationalism - the rest support the globalist agenda.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Reminds me of when he was campaigning for AG.
He stopped by the gun store where I was a manager and asked if he could put out campaign materials.
I had to decline because the owners didn't want any political materials in the store (but they REALLY didn't want any conservatives doing it so I think you can figure out where I worked) and he and his folks got quite upset with me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top