Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2016 7:32:40 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a used CZ 85 cerakoted.

I looked on the cerakote website and is seems there are some businesses in the state that do that work.

I'm just south of Richmond and the map doesn't show any in this area.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good place near Richmond?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
My nephew used Clinton's Colors. Did a good job. Facebook/clintonmullinscolors. His card says call or text:804-400-7912. In Thornburg.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If Newport News is not too far away, I highly recommend Modern Paladin Gunworks.

http://www.mpgunworks.com/

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My nephew used Clinton's Colors. Did a good job. Facebook/clintonmullinscolors. His card says call or text:804-400-7912. In Thornburg.
View Quote

+1 for Clinton's Colors

Here is my PHP MV17 he did for me awhile ago.  Very fast and reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The Hardpoint in Ashland.

It's 5 mins from the Bass Pro. I recently has a few AKSU parts cerakoted and they came out looking awesome and the price was super reasonable.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I'll start trying to make some contacts on Monday.

I'm figuring two tone.  A color that looks like satin nickel on the frame and a dark blue on the slide, slide stop, safeties, etc.  

I've seen a couple that were two tone from the factory and man do they look nice.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Hardpoint in Ashland.

It's 5 mins from the Bass Pro. I recently has a few AKSU parts cerakoted and they came out looking awesome and the price was super reasonable.
View Quote

Can you define that?  What would a stripped upper or lower cost?  Or just a pistol slide?  Any idea?  I had some hard times finding specific prices at a few online places, just "Call for quotes" language.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Southeastern Armament Company in Windsor does good work from my understanding, just a ride down 460 is all you need to do.

I plan on getting my AR cerakoted through them in the future.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Sodan Armament in New Kent/Quinton area is another option.

https://www.facebook.com/Sodan-Armament-184279848266994/

http://www.sodanarmament.com/
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi Caliber Manufacturing in Ashland, VA (it is actually in the Hanover County Airpark Industrial area but carries an Ashland address).  They do absolutely fantastic work at reasonable prices with good turn-around times.  Ask for Carey.

Hi Caliber Manufacturing
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi caliber is now run out of The Hardpoint. Good stuff. They have some fancy toys in there too.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
lets get some prices listed

- stripped receivers
- complete handgun
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#12]
These are from the Hi Caliber website. I'm assuming the prices are the same at The Hardpoint since it's the same guy.

CERAKOTE
RIFLE
Complete Rifle (Barreled Action, Stock)  $230
PARTS
Barreled Action  $150
Stock  $125
Bolt Handle  $35
Trigger Guard  $35
All Accent Parts  $50
Scope Rings  $35
Scope  $45-$75

AR-15
Complete Rifle (Upper, Lower, Forearm/Rail, Stock, Grip, Magazine)  $300
PARTS
Upper and Lower (Stripped) $150  (Assembled) $200
Barrel  $65
Forearm/Rail  $50-$65
Furniture Package  $100
Magazine  $20

SHOTGUN
Complete Shotgun (Receiver, Barrel, Stocks)  $230
PARTS
Stock Sets  $75
Receiver  $80
Barrel  $95
Magazine Extension  $45

PISTOL
Complete Semi-Auto  $200
PARTS
Frame  $100
Slide  $80
Frame and Slide  $180
Magazine  $25
Accents  $40
Grips  $25

REVOLVER
Complete Revolver (Frame, Cylinder, Accents, Grips)  $180
PARTS
Frame  $125
Cylinder  $55
Accents  $35
Grips  $25
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Since everyone likes pics.. Here's a QC 10 I painted. (I work one day a week up at The Hardpoint as of now)

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Clinton's Colors does some good work and he is in Thornburg. I'm going to get my glock 21 slide done and he gave a quote for $60 and he is super fast too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Amelon Coatings/Firearms is outside Lynchburg and does a good job.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, coming close to the cost of a rifle just to color it?  No functionality added?  

You guys do you, I guess I'm sticking to black.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
US Tactical in Oakton VA. Factory trained, I believe. I haven't used him for this service, but friends have and highly compliment his work.

I've used him for engraving and he does great work.

SMS-ret
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Damn, coming close to the cost of a rifle just to color it?  No functionality added?  

You guys do you, I guess I'm sticking to black.
View Quote

I have never had something cerakoted but thought about it for some guns that have some slight surface rust showing as a potential problem.
Oil and monitoring keep it in check, but refinishing would be required to confidently knock it out.
That reason makes complete sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Amelon Coatings/Firearms is outside Lynchburg and does a good job.
View Quote

I am looking at getting an AR upper and Lower done soon, and live in Lynchburg. Have any kind of idea on prices?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I called Sodan Armament.  They don't cerakote.  I think, if I remember correctly, I was told they duracoat.  I was told duracoat is just as good as cerakote.

I've called The Hardpoint twice.  I listen to their machine, select the coating/refinishing shop and no one picks up the phone.

I guess I'll range farther out from Richmond in contacting potential shops.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I called Sodan Armament.  They don't cerakote.  I think, if I remember correctly, I was told they duracoat.  I was told duracoat is just as good as cerakote.

I've called The Hardpoint twice.  I listen to their machine, select the coating/refinishing shop and no one picks up the phone.

View Quote

Again I would recommend Modern Paladin.  Great people...
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

From my understanding. They use KG Gun-Kote and used to use duracoat. From what I've seen in there, they do nice work.

Appear to be doing custom work for Zenith Firearms (importer of Turkish made guns out of Afton)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGwQXkcIQvp/

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you just were given wrong info too. But that's what I recall. I haven't had anything painted there. But I've had some gun work done (trigger job and a barrel threading) and stuff was done well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:53:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I wanted to post again, I am wanting to get my AR done, and was hoping to find somewhere locally (lynchburg or nearby). No luck with google.

I am somewhat new to this, and don't want to sound stupid. But can I have parts like the B5 stok and ergo grip done too, or should I just get them in the color the gun will be?

I was going to go FDE but there are some pretty cool options when you google AR paintjob. I'm tempted to go with something more unique.

(Sorry to go OT but I didn't want to make a separate thread for these simple questions)
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 5:12:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wanted to post again, I am wanting to get my AR done, and was hoping to find somewhere locally (lynchburg or nearby). No luck with google.

I am somewhat new to this, and don't want to sound stupid. But can I have parts like the B5 stok and ergo grip done too, or should I just get them in the color the gun will be?

I was going to go FDE but there are some pretty cool options when you google AR paintjob. I'm tempted to go with something more unique.

(Sorry to go OT but I didn't want to make a separate thread for these simple questions)
View Quote

SafeSide Tactical in Roanoke does it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top