Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2016 10:35:47 AM EDT
Looks like Mcdonnell got his  conviction and verdict vacated.  back to the 4th Circuit and i am going to bet he wins there.

https://twitter.com/SCOTUSblog/status/747437246056374272?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Enews%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
The same guy who says money should buy people political access for favors?

GTFO
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you read the opinion?

They basically called the law bullshit (too broad) and that his defense was valid (4th previously rejected his defense based on the law).  Not saying he didn't do anything wrong but if the law sucks the law sucks

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/mcdonnell-v-united-states/
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
There is no doubt that McDonnell exercised extremely poor judgement in accepting gifts, but there was never any evidence that he helped the guy's business in any way. I really think that the entire case was politically inspired. The democrats were out to get McDonnell, and they got him.
But that's not the way things are supposed to work in this country.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I never commented on the law or ruling, I simply stated my opinion on his beliefs as a corrupt elected official who feels money deserves status.

I wish the VA Dept of Taxation felt the same way with their BS.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never commented on the law or ruling, I simply stated my opinion on his beliefs as a corrupt elected official.
View Quote

Yeah, the entire witch hunt wasn't politically motivated or anything.....

The whole thing stank, was corrupt and politically motivated to sway the governors race and take McDonnell out as a possible future presidential candidate, and that's why it was thrown out 8-0.  THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION COULD NOT AND DID NOT PROVE CORRUPTION BECAUSE THERE WASNT ANY.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The whole thing stank, was corrupt and politically motivated to sway the governors race and take McDonnell out as a possible future presidential candidate, and that's why it was thrown out 8-0.  THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION COULD NOT AND DID NOT PROVE CORRUPTION BECAUSE THERE WASNT ANY.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never commented on the law or ruling, I simply stated my opinion on his beliefs as a corrupt elected official.

No doubt there wasn't a good bit of BS fluff, but some of McDonnell's quotes on his justification also lets you look into his beliefs on how politics and those appointed with powers should behave.  Whether or not you agree with his beliefs is up to you, I've stated my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is no doubt that McDonnell exercised extremely poor judgement in accepting gifts, but there was never any evidence that he helped the guy's business in any way. I really think that the entire case was politically inspired. The democrats were out to get McDonnell, and they got him.
View Quote

McDonnell had a history of operating in the  gray area.............poor judgement and breaking the law......go hand in hand........The  Feds win some .........and the Feds lose some...............

Trump 2016
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
What are the ramifications of this decision on Hillary and her pay for influence at State?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wasn't he prosecuted at the State level?  I didn't think the law was a Federal law, was it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wasn't he prosecuted at the State level?  I didn't think the law was a Federal law, was it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Federal from the start.  You might be thinking of the governor's mansion chef trial, which was state, that brought the allegations to light.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

McDonnell had a history of operating in the  gray area.............poor judgement and breaking the law......go hand in hand........The  Feds win some .........and the Feds lose some...............

Trump 2016
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump 2016

Oh, the irony...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#12]
And in other news ... or is this Minority Report-style precognition?

(Hat tip to DrudgeReport.)
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And in other news ... or is this Minority Report-style precognition?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmCkME2WYAAFnmT.jpg

(Hat tip to DrudgeReport.)
View Quote

I could only see part of the headline in the machine on my way to catch my train this morning and was all "wtf?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top