Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2016 6:49:02 PM EDT
Hey all, I don't make it to the hometown forum too much.  But figured I'd ask this over here.

The AC in my house died a week or so ago.  I've had it fixed a few times... but at this point the whole system is original to the house (which was built in 1988)... so I may as well just have it replaced.  Just about finished paying off my credit card after having the roof replaced... now I have this to pay for... that's my luck for ya

Anyone know a good company to do that work?  I live in Stafford county.  It's just a small 1200 or so sqft town house.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Pope's out of Manassas.  They may come down your way.

Id get multiple quotes regardless.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used Pope's out of Manassas.  They may come down your way.

Id get multiple quotes regardless.
View Quote

Was this at your old house in hoodbridge?  What did you have them do, price?
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. They were the winning bid of the three. Replaced air handler and heat pump.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 11:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used Southern Air and Ultimate Air.No problems.Get a few quotes from a few different vendors though.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
My home is in Stafford also and I had my central air/heat pump replaced last year. Check out Yes, yes, they are in Stafford off of Courthouse road. They came highly recommended and did a great job. They don't advertise and work off of referrals only. I also had my roof replaced a couple of years ago, but Yes, yes didn't do that. Now I need to have my deck redone.

If you need, I might be able to come up with a phone number for Yes, yes if you can't find them on the internet.

S/F,
Scott
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Custom Design on Rte 17 just west from I95 in Stafford.  They have put systems in my homes and I worked with them on several ENERGY STAR homes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Edwards Air, in PWC.  They did honest work on my ex's rental property in Loudoun, and they could have really taken her but were honest and performed a cheap fix.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top