Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2016 7:52:25 AM EDT
Hey all,

If you live/work near Fairfax, registration for their Archery Program starts today. Registration link is active from June 1-July 5, 2016
It's a really great program and I did it last year. I got in a team that had 10+ stands within 15 minutes of my office. I only got 1 deer but many dudes got 5 or more.
It's way more convenient than trying to go through Belvoir or Quantico's access requirements.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/wildlife/archery/archery-program.htm
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/wildlife/archery/how-to-apply.htm

"Archery is the primary deer management tool used in Fairfax County to help manage high density deer herds.  Archery has been shown to be a safe and effective deer management tool to control deer populations on public lands in Fairfax County and other high-density jurisdictions. Qualified bowhunters with superior skill, ethics, and experience are able to efficiently and discreetly hunt deer in areas where firearm use is restricted or prohibited, or not an effective or sustainable deer management tool. Authorized archery hunting activity in Fairfax County Park Authority and Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority properties is closely monitored by the Fairfax County Police Department with the assistance from the Park Authorities. Since Virginia began tracking hunting injuries in 1959, no bystanders have been injured by an archer hunting deer anywhere in the Commonwealth."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top