Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2016 9:28:57 PM EDT
So...  I'm trying to sell my house.  For the not-quite 30 days it's been on the market, I have had 3 showing and 4 no-shows.  

Very little feedback from my Realtor as to what the people who actually came by liked and didn't.  Also, I don't get any damn word from my Realtor as to when they show up or leave. It's incredibly frustrating to call in a work favor, do the "house showing rodeo" and come back to nothing.  

So is this crap normal for people to not show up?  Does anybody know a Realtor who want to pick up a new listing?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#1]
My house in PA has been listed for about a year.

Had 2 people view it.

about 10 never show

and one scammer from Hong Kong offer cash for it.

Yes this seems to be how it goes.......
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds for Hampton Roads unless you are in the straight bad part of town. My understanding is that the market there is hotter than Richmond and it is moving here. Not fast like 10 years ago, but still moving, so your situation sounds damn odd.

Call your agent and ask WTF. If they can't help you, thank them and find another agent. If you want, I can probably get a referral to two for you to check out.

TR
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
We had our house on the market last year for about 6 months.  We experienced the same situation; we had more no-shows than shows.  It got pretty annoying.  

Where we didn't get a lot of feedback from our agent we did have a webcam setup with voice directly in the TV room.  We heard and saw everything and had a good feeling on who was interested and what folks liked/didn't like.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Chantel?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
My house has been on the market for just over 2 months. Very very little feedback from my realtor on what people liked or didn't like and I have little to no idea when there are showings. From what the realtor has told me I've had at least 5 showings, but no idea how many no-shows. I moved out, making keeping on top of it all but impossible.

The market, at least in Portsmouth, seems pretty dead.

I did have a contract a few weeks ago but the home inspector threw up so much BS the buyer got cold feet and wanted out. So back on the market it went.

Good luck OP. If I still had internet at the house I'd get one of those cameras.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Camera?  Hmmmm.  Sounds like a good idea.  They seem conspicuous though.  There used to be a "spy gear" shop on the north end of Independence Blvd.  but they are gone now.  Is there a small unit that can do sound and video?

House is in a good part of town, schools (Bayside) is decent.  Maybe they don't like the traffic, but I'm spinning it as "easy access."

Screened 3 Realtors before choosing my current loafer.  1 had typos in his presentation, and the other guy seemed to wishy-washy.  

House is priced reasonable for it's condition.  I didn't drop 50K for a kitchen and bathroom makeover to justify a 30K price increase.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#7]
i'd expect more if they want to earn that 3%

people not showing up is out of their control but they should be giving you better feedback and keeping you abreast better.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
In my opinion, they get way more than they deserve for the effort.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Camera?  Hmmmm.  Sounds like a good idea.  They seem conspicuous though.  There used to be a "spy gear" shop on the north end of Independence Blvd.  but they are gone now.  Is there a small unit that can do sound and video?

House is in a good part of town, schools (Bayside) is decent.  Maybe they don't like the traffic, but I'm spinning it as "easy access."

Screened 3 Realtors before choosing my current loafer.  1 had typos in his presentation, and the other guy seemed to wishy-washy.  

House is priced reasonable for it's condition.  I didn't drop 50K for a kitchen and bathroom makeover to justify a 30K price increase.
View Quote

Yes, it did wonders for us.  A simple IP cam or FOSCAM will do the trick; we have a few around the house that we acquired through Amazon.  Mind your network security with them or turn them off if you don't need it.

We had a good setup, as soon as folks walked in the door they were in our TV room.  We had our LED backlit TV hooked up to a HTPC playing one of those aquarium HD movies and it grabbed folks attention right away.  Our webcam was sitting on the ledge under the TV.  1). I got screenshots of the folks walking in and 2). you get to hear their conversation.  It was right out in the open and folks didn't care - they even walked up and looked right into it.  

Good luck brother -      
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 2:20:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Call Chantel?
View Quote

I would do this. They are running their "we're out of houses to sell" add again. It might be BS but it might not matter.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]
My neighbors house is up for sale, the weekend it went on the market and was under chantels realty they had 5 different groups of people over to show the house befor the realty sign was up on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Chantel reviews?  Aw snap!  What do they different than any other Realtor?  How does a realtor drum up sales?  I dunno... I guess that's why I don't have a future in the real estate market.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a buyers market and the local economy has seen better days.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a buyers market and the local economy has seen better days.
View Quote

Yup unless Uncle Sam signs your paycheck and gives you a housing allowance things are getting bad.

All part of the new and improved Obama-nation.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Chantel reviews?  Aw snap!  What do they different than any other Realtor?  How does a realtor drum up sales?  I dunno... I guess that's why I don't have a future in the real estate market.
View Quote

Enjoy continuing to own your house then, don't matter to me dude.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

9mmmac, he is right. I had to sell a house because of my divorce in the height of the 2008 market crash. My realtor had some serious skills and in a few months I had a sold sign in my front yard.

IMHO getting a house sold in a shit economy like we currently have comes down to who lists the property and how aggressively they do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top