Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2016 7:51:11 PM EDT
I want to get my kids Savage rascal threaded, any leads on an affordable option?

I could also ship it off somewhere if need be, but looking for local first.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe my buddy Dad does at Shenandoah Valley Gunsmith. Give him a shout, contact info here:

http://www.shenandoah-valley-gunsmithing.com
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe my buddy Dad does at Shenandoah Valley Gunsmith. Give him a shout, contact info here:

http://www.shenandoah-valley-gunsmithing.com
View Quote

I sent him an email, thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Bo, Tannerman's off of exit 16 in Martinsburg does nice work. Call me if you want more info.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Bo, Tannerman's off of exit 16 in Martinsburg does nice work. Call me if you want more info.
View Quote

Ah Yes. I know where they are, I didn't no they did  it

Im not have any luck contacting the other recommended shop... oh well, no response, no get my business.. Thanks Mike!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#5]
John Myer, Custom Gunsmithing, on Rte 340 just south of Boyce, and about 1/2 mile north of the intersection with Rte 50. He's threaded 2 barrels for me, and did an excellent job.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

John Myer, Custom Gunsmithing, on Rte 340 just south of Boyce, and about 1/2 mile north of the intersection with Rte 50. He's threaded 2 barrels for me, and did an excellent job.
View Quote

I've had three done there. GTG but they can be slow....My first barrel took them 6 months to get to due to being short of help.

There is a Smith that is in Middletown (Shenandoah Valley Gunsmithing) that got in his new lathe a month or so ago. I don't know if he is set-up to thread barrels yet but was working on it.

In fact he worked for Custom Gunsmithing and did the threading on two of the three barrels I sent there....They were the ones I got back in a week or so.

Dan is good people. 540-631-1144.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I called them before posting, and he said it was 3 months out to complete work, I'm sure he does good work, but I just don't want to wait that long, 2 weeks I can deal with.  He also wanted $170, I haven't had anything threaded before , but it sounds kinda steep.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've had three done there. GTG but they can be slow....My first barrel took them 6 months to get to due to being short of help.

There is a Smith that is in Middletown (Shenandoah Valley Gunsmithing) that got in his new lathe a month or so ago. I don't know if he is set-up to thread barrels yet but was working on it.

In fact he worked for Custom Gunsmithing and did the threading on two of the three barrels I sent there....They were the ones I got back in a week or so.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just left Dan a VM, Thanks

Tannermans wants $175, 6-8 weeks , Is that the going rate? I really have no idea
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
$90 and 2-3 days for me
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$90 and 2-3 days for me
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$90 and 2-3 days for me
View Quote

Message inbound.

Do you want to provide shop contact info? In this thread?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Specdive Tactical
5710 General Washington Dr
Unit E
Alexandria, VA 22312
M-F, 1000-2000
Sat.- 1000-1800
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for posting, after more research, I found this company in EE
$50 threading, and $10 return shipping. Turn around is about 6days average.

So $60 and done , maybe $70 with initial shipping.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_143/1029861_Barrel_Threading_sale__50__PTR_91__Tavors__Augs__Scar__Sig_MPX__Beretta_21A_Threading__FAL__PAPM92.html
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_143/1029861_Barrel_Threading_sale__50__PTR_91__Tavors__Augs__Scar__Sig_MPX__Beretta_21A_Threading__FAL__PAPM92.html
View Quote

I just had two barrels done by him. I sent him my CZ Scorpion barrel, and my 10" T/C Contender 22LR Match barrel to have them both threaded to 1/2x28.

I sent them out on May 26th, and they were delivered on May 31st - on June 1st I was sent a picture of the two barrels showing off their new threads, and later that day the FedEx tracking number. They arrived at my house today - the job looks great. I'll put the Scorpion back together tomorrow, and hope to get some range time later this week with both of them.

For the speed & the quality, he provides a great deal.

Bob S.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just had two barrels done by him. I sent him my CZ Scorpion barrel, and my 10" T/C Contender 22LR Match barrel to have them both threaded to 1/2x28.

I sent them out on May 26th, and they were delivered on May 31st - on June 1st I was sent a picture of the two barrels showing off their new threads, and later that day the FedEx tracking number. They arrived at my house today - the job looks great. I'll put the Scorpion back together tomorrow, and hope to get some range time later this week with both of them.

Bob S.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bob S.

Awesome! I have yet to see anyone complain about his work, or turn around time. And very affordable.
I really didn't want to spend $170 (avg price here) , on a $160 rifle.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent barrel Thursday, he recieved today, and sent me these pics, 1 hour after receiving.
Will be enroute back to me tommorow. Awesome service!

I had him thread it to match the ruger sr22's thread adapter, since I have one already
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top