Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 6:30:14 PM EDT
Hey,

My hot water heater (gas) is finally letting go.

Who does the hive mind recommend for replacement?

FYI: I don't want to go tank-less, just a regular water heater.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
My gas company (blossom) is doing a promotional now where you get the water heater at cost and installation is free.
I went with tankless because I have lots of people in the house and long times when we don't need to keep a ton of hot water on hand.
There's also some big tax credits for tankless heater.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#2]
We used Michael and Sons and they were great.

We called a few companies(only 2 called us back) to come look at our tank as it was just starting to die. They showed up to do the assessment and had a gas and an electric tank on there truck so when my fiancée said we would like to replace the tank, they were ready and took care of it on the spot. Everything was done quickly and without mess and I was told the tech that did it was a very nice guy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I used the large company with the image of the owner waving on the back of their truck. I had a house full of guests and the hot water heater went to hell so I needed a replacement ASAP.  Excellent job but way, way overpriced.  I suggest looking for a smaller local company with good ratings.  I wish I'd had the time to shop around but five women/girls needed functioning bathrooms.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all of the suggestions. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Its actually not a hard DIY

All Pipes and Lines are already there, just trun off valves, swap fittings, and go
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Ours died about a week before the new 2015 Government regulations
kicked in.  Our installer, Michael's and Son, determined our 10-15 year old propane heater was installed correctly at that time, but now we needed a drip pan, larger 4" exhaust, etc, etc, etc.  Newer regulations which weren't around when we had our old hot water heater installed.  They also said we needed vents in the walls near our heater.    We said ok but didn't install them and when the inspector came by, the inspector said we should be fine without them.  

Good luck.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top