Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2016 4:56:12 PM EDT
Just a quick question, what if any laws pertain to shooting on private property in Sussex county? The property owner will be present during the shooting. Is there a minimum of acreage required? I am a members at a members only range, but this person wants some instruction and wants to use their land.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that as long as you are shooting well away from any houses and have a right good distance away from other house then you should be fine. Though finding a bank of dirt to shoot into is a good idea, just make sure that behind teh dirt of orr to the immediate sides of it is not any occupied dwellings.

I shoot on private land all the time in Southampton, have had no issues at all
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, what has me spooked is that it is only 17 acres, although they say they shoot there all the time. i need to make a trip down and check it out before i commit to anything
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top