Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2016 1:11:33 AM EDT
I've got orders to Langley AFB. Online research has turned up much with respect to 300+ meter outdoor ranges in the area. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you know someone with land, you're going to be stuck at 100 yards. It's probably 3 hours to Quantico and you're out of their membership "area" I believe.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I think C-2 shooting has 300.

http://www.c2shootingcenter.com/
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
As said above, unless you know someone with land (farm, or just owns land for some reason) its gonna be a rough search.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Lafayette Gun Club in Grafton has a 100 yard range, but I think the membership is closed for now. They have a cap on it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think C-2 shooting has 300.

http://www.c2shootingcenter.com/
View Quote

Yep, and because of the setup they have they'll check your sight in at 100 to ensure you won't hit the concrete baffles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#6]
C-2 is the only reasonably close range that goes to 300 yards. Its a good hour drive each way. All other ranges within 2 hours are 100yds. In NC you can go to 1,000, buts its about a 3 hour drive.

At 300yds C-2 has target stands and a 12x12 steel.

No one is hardly ever at the 300 line, so no waiting.
I used to be a regular at C-2, but since the CSA indoor range (25yd max) opened and is super close, I have focused more on pistol and small arms fire.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
C-2 is the only reasonably close range that goes to 300 yards. Its a good hour drive each way. All other ranges within 2 hours are 100yds. In NC you can go to 1,000, buts its about a 3 hour drive.

At 300 they have target stands and a 12x12 steel.

I used to be a regular at C-2, but since the CSA indoor range (25yd max) opened and is super close, I have focused more on pistol and small arms fire.
View Quote

I've shot at the CSA in VB a few times and it's a very nice indoor range but I don't like paying the absurd price to go. Bobs in Norfolk is much cheaper and I still have plenty of free range time from there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:25:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Conservation park / Isaak Walton in Richmond might have that distance.  Haven't been in years though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've shot at the CSA in VB a few times and it's a very nice indoor range but I don't like paying the absurd price to go. Bobs in Norfolk is much cheaper and I still have plenty of free range time from there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At 300 they have target stands and a 12x12 steel.

I went for an annual membership. It was a little high, maybe $500ish, but well worth it. I shoot about once a week there.

Also if I want to test or sight in something, I don't feel bad just shooting 10-20 rounds for 5-minutes and leaving.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out the "Ranges" sticky at the top of the Virginia hometown forum for some of the ranges and info.

But you'll find as others have noted: only semi-local range (other than finding someone with private land willing to let you shoot on it) that has 300 yard (I believe - don't know if true 300m possible on it) is the C2 in Va Beach/Pungo, and that's still a good hour away.

If you're willing to drive a couple of hours, then Quantico and Cavalier come into consideration. Quantico is north of Fredericksburg, and Cavalier is west of Richmond in Montpelier. I was interested in joining the Quantico club as they were recently accepting applications, but unfortunately we're outside of their membership radius (75 miles IIRC?). Cavalier is not listed in the above-mentioned sticky - it currently has a 500 yard range, and I've read has recently received county approval to expand that to 600 yards. Usually very lightly used due to the capped membership, but that cap is also expected to be increased starting next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top